Can I have my nose done without destroying a reconstructed tear duct?

Rhinoplasty after Reconstructed Tear Duct

+2

You can have a rhinoplasty without risk of damaging your reconstructed tear duct if the surgery is done by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Having said that, I would want to talk to the surgeon who did your tear duct surgery before doing the nasal surgery.

Rhinoplasty without tear duct damage

+2

Yes, you certainly can. A surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty should have no trouble performing osteotomies without putting your reconstructed tear cut at risk. Best of luck. M. Samaha, MD 

Mark Samaha, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear duct problem

+2

Yes you can. The only time there should be risk is when your osteotomy is performed. your surgeon should be able to plan to avoid any issue.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Absolutely! If you are going to have fracturing of the bones then your surgeon will need to be careful as they approach the region of the tear ducts. I do not see this being an issue for you at all.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty after DCR

+2

A rhinoplasty can be successfully performed without destroying your reconstructed tear duct.  However, this depends on what you are trying to do to your nose.  There are certain things that should not be performed (such as osteotomies) which can put your tear duct at risk.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinopalsty without Destroying a reconstructed Tear Duct.

+2

Hi,

Yes you can... Your surgeon should be careful and conservative with the osteotomies. The osteotomy should be slightly higher on the nasal bone as to not damage the tear duct. Choose a surgeon with lots of rhinoplasty experience.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty After Tear Duct Reconstruction

+2

Hi Disappearing Eyes,

Yes, you should be able to have your nose done (rhinoplasty) without causing damage to your reconstructed tear duct.  The area is at risk during osteotomies (cutting the nasal bones), but your rhinoplasty surgeon should be aware of the anatomy and be able to avoid the tear duct.  Make sure that you let your surgeon know about the repair, and make sure that you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Great question! It depends on the type of reconstruction that was done and also on what will be done during the rhinoplasty.  Fracturing the nasal bones would be the part of the rhinoplasty which could affect the reconstructed duct because the nasal fractures are done near the tear duct.  The risk exists, but it is hard to,tell you how great the risk might be.  Consultation with an experienced surgeon is your best course of action.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Risking Tear Duct Reconstruction With Rhinoplasty

+1

If your rhinoplasty involves osteotomies then you are your recontructed tear duct may be affected.

That being said, it does not mean that you cannot have a rhinoplasty and bring the best about your facial features.

I encourage you to have consultations with board certified surgeons of ample experience who can help you make a well informed decision.

Please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS