Why Have I Got Skin Puckering at the Sides of my Eyes After a Lower Blepharoplasty?

I am 3 weeks post op after a lower blepharoplasty and fat repositioning to correct lower eye bags and deep tear troughs. I had no bruising but a lot of swelling, that has gone. I still have chemosis in both eyes but what I am more concerned about is the pulling to the sides of my eyes leaving a dent and puckering to the skin.(see photo) Do you know what this is and if it will go away? I have to wear glasses to hide it. I am seeing my surgeon for a review soon. Please can you advise me.

Skin Puckering after Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

The skin puckering is typically not observed unless some of the tissue around the orbit such as the muscle is lifted at the same time.  This stitch will relax and the puckering will tend to subside.

Skin puckering at sides of eyes after lower blepharoplasty

+1

I'm not sure what type of lower blepharoplasty you had, but if a suspension suture was used, it can cause the skin puckering that you have.  Normally this is temporary and improves with time.  I would discuss this with your surgeon, as he or she knows exactly what was done during the procedure and would have the most knowledge to answer your question.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon