Losing Eyelashes After Upper Blepharoplasty/Eyelid Surgery?

I had upper Blepharoplasty/Eyelid Surgery about 6 weeks ago and am loosing upper and lower eyelashes. I had very swollen eyes and heavy brusing after the procedure...more so than other photos I have seen of other woman who had the operation. Is this eyelash loss considered a complication? Do eyelashes lost in this way usually grow back? If so, how long does it typically take? Thank you!

Eyelash Loss after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

Eyelash loss after eyelid surgery is very unusual.  If the eyelashes were avulsed by tape of something such as that, they should grow back.  Latisse can be used to improve length and thickness, once the eyelids return to their growth phase.

Loss of Eyelashes after Blepharoplasty / Eyelid Surgery

+1
Actually this is a complication I have never heard of, and I do quite a bit of transplant work restoring eyelashes.  My recommendation is for you to use Latisse and give things 6 months to regrow.  I would also think that a short term course of steroids may be of some value.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lose eyelashes post surgery

+1

This is probably due to the surgery and though not usual it can happen I would be patient and give it soem time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lash loss after eyelid surgery

+1

Mild, temporray lash loss is possible after any eyelid surgery but significant lash loss is not normal.  Is the lash loss segmental or diffuse.  A photo (or examination) would be useful.  See an oculoplastic specialist. 

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon