Severe Breast Pain in One Breast From Falling. Should I Consult a Dr?

In december 2011 I fell against side of pool and hit my one breast on side, it was extremley painful that it took my breath away. Since then (now april 2012) I have had severe pain on the breast nd it is extremley painful to touch. I think there is a lump on the breast but not certain, should I consult a doctor or leave it?

Breast pain after blunt trauma

+1

should be formally evaluated since time alone has not resulted in its resolution.  You do not mention if you have implants but if you do, even more so so the integrity of the implant can be evaluated.  Do not ignore your symptoms and I hope you will schedule your appointment with a doctor soon.  If you do have implants, I would suggest a plastic surgeon.  If you do not have implants, then you could see general surgeons who specialize in breast surgery.

See a doctor for breast pain

+1

Yes, I would recommend a consultation with your doctor to explore why you are continuing to experience pain. Tests, such as an ultrasound or MRI may be needed to see deep to the skin what may be causing your discomfort.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Consult if breast pain? Yes.

+1

You possibly developed a hematoma around the implant, most likely inside the capsule.  This would explain the palpable mass and associated pain.  Also, you have to determine if the implant has ruptured or not.  An MRI would be in order to answer these questions.  

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon