When is It Safe to Do Gymnastics After Breast Augmentation?

I had Breast augmentation on 02 09 12. Silicone/ under muscle/ 400CC/ scar around areola I do profesional gymnastic (Acrobatics) I just want to make sure when is it ok to go back After the surgery my doctor saw me every week and now i have to see him in 3 months. last time i saw him he told me that everything looked great and that i can go back to my regular life just to watchout in not lifting too much weight im scare that when im toss around or do pyramids i might get hit and ruined my surgery

Healing time and return to activity after a breast augmentation.

+2

The only person who can answer this question for you is your plastic surgeon. A quick phone call should suffice. In my practice, for extreme situations (and I would say you fall into this category) waiting 3 months before resumption of full activity is warranted.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Exercise post aug

+2

Usually after 4 weeks you are free to do any type of exercise you want.Realize that you may be sore at the beginning.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Physical Activity

+2

Each patient heals differently.  Generally, you can resume light physical activities 4 weeks into the surgery.  You have to trust the plastic surgeon to guide you correctly for your unique situation.

Gymnastics after breast augmentation

+2

I generally clear my patients to resume activity as tolerated gradually after 4 weeks.  But the key word is gradually.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Gymnastics after breast augmentation

+2

Scars achieve almost all of their strength by 6 weeks.  In my practice I release patients to full activity (even gymnastics) at that point unless they continue to have tenderness.  If you have pain or discomfort when you try aggressive activity take it easy for two more weeks and then try again.

Gymnastics after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Given that your plastic surgeon is ultimately responsible for your care, I think it would be best for you to run this question by him. Personally, I would have the same concerns that you do and postpone being “tossed around” for at least 3 months after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Postop breast question

+2

This is a question you should direct back to your own doctor for sure.  If you were my patient I would say no gymnastics whatsoever for 3 months in order to let the capsule form around the implants as you heal.  After that, the risk of displacing implants goes down.

Gymnastics After Breast Augmentation

+2

For my patients I recommend for  most extreme activities, and that would include gymnastics,  that they wait a minimum of  6 weeks then start slow and progress your routine as tolerated.

Breast Surgery

+1
I would have asked you to wait 6 weeks for something that aggresive. I may be conservative and your surgeon depending on technique may have other criteria

Gymnastics after breast aug?

+1

Most patients return to work after one week. More strenuous activities should be avoided for 4-6 weeks. The only one who can give you the ok to return to physical activities is your surgeon. Follow the post-op instructions for a faster recovery and better results