How Did 240cc Silicone Implants Give Me a Size D Cup? (photo)

I got a breast aug almost 2 months ago, I am 5'10 with a slender body type. I wanted to be a big B cup. I went with 240cc silicon implants thinking they were small and would get be to a big B cup. (if you look at my other posts you will see more details about my pre op size struggle) I think they look amazing, but they are soooo big! too big! (there are more pix on the other posts. now I am a 34D!! how did this happen? will they get smaller?

Breast augmentation size question

+2

It looks like you have a very nice result from your surgery.  It looks like maybe you had a donut lift on the right side as well.  The good news is that you are only two months after surgery.  There is definitely still swelling present which will result in subtle changes in your look.  I doubt that you will go down to a B cup however.  It takes a while to get used to your new body after surgery and many patients experience highs and lows during this period of time.  Generally it is best to give it some time.  Ultimately if you feel you are too big it is possible to down size implants in the future.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Size

+1

240cc does equal about one cup size depending on what size your  breasts started off. If you where a A cup then 240 should of taken you to a nice B cup. You are still to early from surgery and swelling is very normal it takes a 6-8 months for all sweeling to subside.

How Did 240cc Silicone Implants Give Me a Size D Cup?

+1

Great posted photos. Your issue is you started with a large B or small C cup so adding 240 cc's increased you to the D cup. Which BTW look "marvelous". I would try to live with this size for at least 3 months more before thinking of another operation. 

Breast size after implants

+1

In addition to what my colleagues have said, you need to keep in mind that you are just two months post-op. I suspect there is still some swelling and as this resolves over the next few months, you may very well change your size--probably not to a B but it should be smaller than it is now. But it looks like you have a beautiful result so try not to get too concerned about letters and numbers.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Great result

+1

The result looks excellent so I would suggest that you not lose your excitement over cup size which varies dramatically from company to company.

Breast appearance

+1

It looks like you have a nice result.  I would not focus so much on cup size. Each bra company is different.  

Perfect result but the wrong cup size

+1

The reality is that you have a perfect result and should get your mind around the cup size. You have a natural upper pole, not buldgy at all.  You have a good implant width with no excess width (unibreast or side breast) or big gap (Death Valley) in the middle.  Consequently, your implants were well choosen for you.

I have had one patient like you a year ago and when you have a perfect, natural result and think it is too big, you have a perception problem where you aren't seeing the reality of your body the way others are seeing you.  Notice how all the doctors here agree that your result is great? As a result, downsizing really doesn't work because it is hard to know how much to go down without creating a new problem because the new implants wouldn't be the right fit for your body.  In the end, you will be best served with either adjusting to the great result you have or considering having the implants taken out entirely. 

240 cc implants and D cup

+1

I agree with you 100%, Laura, you have a great result!  If you are happy, I would not fret too much about the cup size.  In my opinion, your breasts look very proportionate and appropriate to your build.

I agree with previous comments by other plastic surgeons about the possibility that you had a miscommunication with your doctor and about how important it is to make sure patient and doctor are on the same page before surgery.

Be that as it may, if you are a D now, and 240cc implants were inserted, then you must have started as a C.  So you were never going to end up a big B.  As I said above, if you are happy where you are now, then enjoy your new body.  If you aren't, discuss options for change with your surgeon.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Too Big after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your situation demonstrates why discussing cup sizes  when it comes to communicating goals for breast augmentation surgery can be confusing and a source of miscommunication/disappointment. Generally speaking, 240 mL breast implants should not increase your breast size from a "B" to a "D" cup. it would be much more likely that you have been measured incorrectly or are simply using a different bra style or manufacturer.

Given that your only 2 months out from the surgery, I would suggest that you give yourself at least several more months to get used to the breast size physically and psychologically.  Hopefully you will be pleased at that point; make sure you do not base your level of satisfaction on a specific cup size.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  it appears that he/she did a very nice job for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm