I am scheduled for a hysterectomy and think I may have a sinus infection. Will this postpone my surgery?

The answer will be based on a clear discussion from you with your surgeon first as well as the anesthesiologist.  More often, this would be a reason to postpone your surgery, but they should all work together to ensure your highest level of safety.
Garrett A. Wirth, MD, MS, FACS

Hysterectomy Surgery

Thank you for your question. You should inform your surgeon, and anesthesiologist as this may cause an airway issue. They may elect to treat you with antibiotics first or just do a spinal and give you antibiotics. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hysterectomy and Sinus Infection

This is a good question for your GYN doctor. Most likely, they will want to wait until you are over your sinus infection to do your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD