Seroma found in my lower back, doctor does not want to aspirate, what should I do because I am in alot of pain?

I had a breast augmentation, tummy tuck and lipo( back, flanks and adomen) . I am 6 weeks post op and I am experiencing lower back pain like burning sensations. My lower back feels hard to the touch and some places are still numb. The temperature in my lower back is warmer than the rest of my body. I had a cat scan that showed that seroma was present in my back. The doctor recommended I take pain medication and it will go away in a few months.

Seroma found in lower back, what do to?

+1

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon has a different policy regarding seromas. We usually aspirate ours, and they seem to heal faster. This is us, and there is a risk of infection when aspirations are done. Ask your surgeon to reconsider, and give a reason for not aspiration of the fluid. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Seroma in back

+1

Seromas that have a fair a mount of fluid should be aspirated. Perhaps it is a small amount of fluid that your surgeon feels will resorb? Best to ask him.

Post op seroma

+1

I am sorry you are having a difficult recovery. Your pain may or may not be related to your seroma. Where it is located and how large it is enter into the discussion of whether it is best to aspirate or leave it alone to absorb on its own. Since your pain is significant, it may be best to aspirate and see if it helps alleviate your pain.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

+1

This will really depend upon the size of the seroma and whether it is large enough to be drained. It may be difficult to know if the seroma is the cause of the pain as well. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA