Would a Mommy Makeover Be a Good Choice for my Inverted Triangle Shape? (photo)

I am 5'6 135lbs size 4. I have very broad shoulders and a short toros with a high waist. Before my two kids 5&3 both c-sections I had very little fat in my midsection and back. I am considering a tummy tuck, lipo and a breast augmentation to increase my breast size. After viewing my pictures do you think the mommy makeover would give me good results. I would like to have a flat tummy, slimmer waistline and back. Do you feel I could benefit from any other precedure to balane me out? thanks

Would a Mommy Makeover Be a Good Choice for my Inverted Triangle Shape?

+1

Yes you are a very good candidate for the procedures. As was mentioned you will need in addition to the breast enlargement and tummy tuck, some liposuction as well.

William Aiello, MD

Newport Beach CA

Reasonable

+1

I believe an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and breast augmentation would make a nice improvement for the anterior (front). It would greatly improve size and shape of the breasts while meeting your goals of a flatter abdomen. I would recommend liposuction on the upper back in the "lat" region to feminize your back. This would provide the "balance" you seek.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, liposuction of the flanks and tummy tuck with breast augmentation would be a very nice set of procedures for you. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Combining body and breast procedures would give you what you want

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? I do think that a standard abdominoplasty along with liposuction of your hips would give you a great result. This would help redefine your waist line and flatten your abdomen. Combining this with a conservative breast augmentation would help re-establish your prepregnancy. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Fat grafting to improve your shape

+1

In my opinion, a mommy makeover would be an excellent option to improve your shape, a tummy tuck with liposuction in your waist and back plus some fat grafting into your hips and buttock, not only would give you a more hourglass figure but will make you look younger. Thanks for posting your pictures and for your question.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover LTA and TABA

+1

thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for lateral tension abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and trans abdominal breast augmentation. These procedures performed at the same time will contour your midsection and rejuvenate your breasts without any breast scars. Please look for a board-certified plastic surgeon expertise in these procedures as you'll look and feel great after surgery.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Body Contouring to Improve Proportions

+1

I am glad to see you looking for a proportional result rather than just a flatter tummy or a larger breast. That being said, your photos show me that you have a fair amount of muscle separation from pregnancy that a tummy tuck would improve.

Perhaps some lipo of the waist and lower back/flanks would also help.

Increasing breast fullness is also an option, but because your hips are relatively narrow its important to avoid a "top heavy" look so a sizing process before surgery to choose the best sized implant will be important for you to do.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Triangular Shape Concerns

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos you seem like a good candidate for a mommy makeover. The triangular shape you are describing is a result of your waist to hip ratio being greater than 0.7 which is typically seen in women who are well proportioned. A tummy tuck with lipo will help to reduce your waist but not change your hip dimensions. A Brazilian Butt Lift with Fat Transfer would be effective in improving your shape further. If you combine liposuction of the abdomen waist and back with fat transfer to the buttock and lateral thigh region you are more likely to get closer to that hour glass shape and away from the V shape you are describing. Consult with a Plastic Surgeon experienced with combining these procedures. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon