How Long After the Initial Consultation Would a Potential Customer Receive a Quote? How Long is the Quote Good For?

I have decided to get a mommy makeover to improve my body after two kids 5 and 3. I recently started a new job at a small company and this year I do not have any vacation time. I calculated that I should have enough time accrued for a total of seven days in August 2014. My intent is to find a ps by the end of the year and secure a time in August 2014 by putting down my deposit but not have the sugary until August . Is this possible or is it to far in in advance? How long is the quote good for?

Surgery Quotes

+2

Every office has its own policies regarding quotes. You can start looking early for the surgeon the you feel comfortable with. In my office surgery quotes are good for six months but once you pay your surgery deposit for your date that locks you into that quote.

Dr. ES

Quotes for surgery?

+2

Many patients always ask this question!!! Typically, you will receive a quote at the end of your consultation. Each practice will vary with regards to how long this quote will be valid -- the range will be from 3-6 months. This variation is because some costs may increase in the future -- such as OR, anesthesia, equipment, supplies -- these are costs that the surgeon can't control or predict. Definitely ask your surgeon about the policy regarding quotes for surgery and the deposit that may be necessary to hold your date! Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Quotes

+2

Good afternoon!

Every practice is variable in regard to when you should receive your quote.  In my practice, we strive to always give a patient an all inclusive quote the same day as the consultation.  In our practice, we honor the quote for 90 days.  The reason for this is that hospital and anesthesia fees can and do change- these are fees that are out of the surgeons control.  We do however strive to honor the surgeons fee portion of the quote for significantly longer.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Quote for a Mommy Makeover

+2

You will find that each surgeon has their own policy regarding fees. We give a written quote at the end of the consultation that shows a breakdown of the fees. If surgery is scheduled, the quote will remain the same. I recommend that my patients take 10 to 14 days off work unless it is a physically demanding job, then it may be more. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Quotes for surgey

+2

Thanks for your inquiry.  Generally if a patient is consulting me for surgery in the far future (greater than 6 months)  I always honor my surgeon's fee quote for up to a year, but every surgeon has different policies.  However, facilities and anesthesiologists do change their rates intermittently-but in my experience thes costs change usually under 10% and often they too will honor the price on the quote if it has not been a unreasonable amount of time. Good Luck. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

How Long is the Quote good for

+2

Thank you for your question.     In terms of time from consultation to receiving a quote, most practices will give you a quote at the conclusion of your consultation with a breakdown of the cost for your desired procedures, anesthesia costs, facility costs, and any overnight stay charges.

Once a deposit for the surgery is put down, you will be given your surgery date and  this will generally secure the price of your procedure for up to a year.    I recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to learn more about their policy and procedures.   Each practice will vary to an extent in their philosophy.

I wish you a safe procedure and excellent result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mommy Makeover

+2

After your initial consultation you should receive a quote that is good for a year. At that consultation a complete history and physical will be taken and you will be completely informed about the procedures you are considering

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Every practice is different

+1
You should ask the practice about their policy, since every practice has their own guidelines regarding payments and surgery booking. You will receive your quote at the end of your consultation or soon afterward.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Surgical Quotes

+1
Every practice has their own procedure for how they administer quotes.  In my practice, the surgical quote is given at the time of your initial consultation and is good for 30 days.  Exceptions are made for different situations if needed.  Regardless of the quote, a 7 day recovery time from a "Mommy Makeover" is not enough time.  You would most likely need at least 2 weeks and even then it's important to listen to your body and take it easy.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

+1

As you probably already read this varies from office to office and as was pointed out some costs can increase over time. Just don't be afraid to ask about this with the doctor. Sometimes patients ask this of the office staff and the answer may be different when you talk to the doctor directly. They may have a policy established and the staff think they know the answer but the final decision always rests with the physician.

William Aiello, MD

Newport Beach & Los Alamitos CA

William Aiello, MD