How Long After the Initial Consultation Would a Potential Customer Receive a Quote? How Long is the Quote Good For?

I have decided to get a mommy makeover to improve my body after two kids 5 and 3. I recently started a new job at a small company and this year I do not have any vacation time. I calculated that I should have enough time accrued for a total of seven days in August 2014. My intent is to find a ps by the end of the year and secure a time in August 2014 by putting down my deposit but not have the sugary until August . Is this possible or is it to far in in advance? How long is the quote good for?

Surgery Quotes

Every office has its own policies regarding quotes. You can start looking early for the surgeon the you feel comfortable with. In my office surgery quotes are good for six months but once you pay your surgery deposit for your date that locks you into that quote.

Dr. ES

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Quotes for surgery?

Many patients always ask this question!!! Typically, you will receive a quote at the end of your consultation. Each practice will vary with regards to how long this quote will be valid -- the range will be from 3-6 months. This variation is because some costs may increase in the future -- such as OR, anesthesia, equipment, supplies -- these are costs that the surgeon can't control or predict. Definitely ask your surgeon about the policy regarding quotes for surgery and the deposit that may be necessary to hold your date! Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

8106 North May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73120

Good afternoon!

Every practice is variable in regard to when you should receive your quote.  In my practice, we strive to always give a patient an all inclusive quote the same day as the consultation.  In our practice, we honor the quote for 90 days.  The reason for this is that hospital and anesthesia fees can and do change- these are fees that are out of the surgeons control.  We do however strive to honor the surgeons fee portion of the quote for significantly longer.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

3411 Richmond Avenue
Houston, TX 77046

Quote for a Mommy Makeover

You will find that each surgeon has their own policy regarding fees. We give a written quote at the end of the consultation that shows a breakdown of the fees. If surgery is scheduled, the quote will remain the same. I recommend that my patients take 10 to 14 days off work unless it is a physically demanding job, then it may be more. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

Quotes for surgey

Thanks for your inquiry.  Generally if a patient is consulting me for surgery in the far future (greater than 6 months)  I always honor my surgeon's fee quote for up to a year, but every surgeon has different policies.  However, facilities and anesthesiologists do change their rates intermittently-but in my experience thes costs change usually under 10% and often they too will honor the price on the quote if it has not been a unreasonable amount of time. Good Luck. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

1870 Keller Parkway
Keller, TX 76248

How Long is the Quote good for

Thank you for your question.     In terms of time from consultation to receiving a quote, most practices will give you a quote at the conclusion of your consultation with a breakdown of the cost for your desired procedures, anesthesia costs, facility costs, and any overnight stay charges.

Once a deposit for the surgery is put down, you will be given your surgery date and  this will generally secure the price of your procedure for up to a year.    I recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to learn more about their policy and procedures.   Each practice will vary to an extent in their philosophy.

I wish you a safe procedure and excellent result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Mommy Makeover

After your initial consultation you should receive a quote that is good for a year. At that consultation a complete history and physical will be taken and you will be completely informed about the procedures you are considering

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

400 West Central Ave
Brea, CA 92821

Plastic surgery quote

Payment guidelines and such are determined by each surgeon. Therefore, you probably should ask your surgeon to see how long their quote is good for. Generally speaking, however, quotes are good for a few months to a year. 

Please ask your surgeon for scheduling the surgery as well. For busier surgeons in particular, you may need to wait for couple of months regardless to have your surgery.  You will definitely more than 7 days to recover from a full mommy make-over.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

1243 Islington Ave
Toronto, Ontario M8X 1Y9

Every office will vary in terms of its procedure.  In my office, we provide a quote at the time of consultation which is good for 30 days.   At the time you book surgery, you pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 which locks in your quoted price regardless of when your surgery takes place.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

6620 McGinnis Ferry Road
Duluth, GA 30097

Every practice is different

You should ask the practice about their policy, since every practice has their own guidelines regarding payments and surgery booking. You will receive your quote at the end of your consultation or soon afterward.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6