I Am Scheduled for a Breast Augmention is it okay to Take Fioricet for Migraine?

And I want to know if its ok to take a fioricet for my migraine my surgery is in 4 days will I be ok between now and then? And is it ok to take an iron pill

Breast augmentation and meds

We give our patients a 3 page list of medications to avoid. I think both the Fioricet and iron are OK.  Good luck.

Migraine medicine

Should be fine. Some migraine medicines contain aspirin which I like to stop 2 weeks before surgery. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Iron and Fioricet Prior to Breast Augmentation

The iron is OK.  The Fioricet contains acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine.  These should not affect bleeding risk, but your plastic surgeon knows your complete history and should be notified.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Should be fine

You should ask your surgeon whether Fioricet and iron are fine before your breast augmentation. You should discuss any medications you are taking with your doctor prior to your surgery. However, they should be fine.

Usually that is ok

Usually that is ok, but it is best to call you surgeon.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Okay to Take Fioricet for Migraine

This should not be an issue with your upcoming surgery. Although many combination meds contain aspirin or ibuprofen, this does not. All the best. 

Fioricet and Breast Augmentation

Dear Courtney54186,  Fioricet should be OK before your surgery but the only person who can truly answer your question is your plastic surgeon.  Give them a call.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Fioricet before augmentation

You should let your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist know about the use of the fioricet and let them make that decision. It is important for them to confirm that the medication does not contain any vasodilators. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Medication before Breast Augmentation

Fioricet contains acetaminophen, which does not affect your blood's ability to clot. You can take it before your surgery. Medications to avoid during the 10-14 days before surgery are mainly those that contain aspirin or anti-inflammatories like Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen, naproxen, Alleve, etc. It's also fine to take iron. Be sure that your surgeon and anesthesiologist know all your medications at the time of surgery. 

Good luck!

Andres Taleisnik, MD