Is It Safe to Continue Taking BCAAs, Whey, and Casein Protein Before Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I've been told there are certain vitamins and supplements that are supposed to be stopped 2 weeks prior to surgery, mainly vitamin E, ASA and fish oil. Should I also stop taking BCAAs, whey and casein protein?

BCAAs, Whey and Casein Protein before Breast Augmentation

+1

Branched chain amino acids, whey protein, and casein should not have any negative implacts upon breast augmentation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Which Supplements Are Safe To Continue Pre-Op?

+1

The supplements you mentioned (vit E, ASA, fish oil) are known to impair the bodies ability to clot normally which can lead to bleeding problems in the post operative period. I am not aware of any contraindications in reference to the products you have inquired about. Having said that I would recommend that you check with your plastic surgeon. 

I hope this helps. Thank you for the question. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Supplements before Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question. Personally, I do not think that there will be any problem with you taking the amino acids and/or protein supplements prior to breast augmentation surgery. However, always best to check with your chosen plastic surgeon about specifics. Usually, there will be a preoperative visit at which point the “do's and don'ts” will be reviewed.