Breast Aug Incision Soreness. How Long Will I Feel Tender/Sore? (photo)

Hey guys. I had a breast augmentation 2-6-13 and I was just wondering how long is it normal to feel tender/sore on your incision site? My sites look clean and fine. I had my last post op visit last Wednesday and will return for another 3-2-13. My PS said I am healing nicely as of yet...I just didn't know if it was normal to feel soreness there. Thanks.. BA crease incision, silicone 300 high profile

Breast Augmentation Incisions Are Usually Sore For Several Weeks

+2

Soreness in the incision is normal after breast augmentation surgery. Most of it should resolve in the next month, but you may have some residual discomfort that lasts another month or two. The redness around the scar is also normal, as is the ridge of swelling beneath it. The red coloration will fade over several months; it usually resolves in about four to six months for most women, but can take up to a year to improve. Scar massage may speed the resolution of the underlying swelling. It is wise to protect all healing incisions from sunlight/UV radiation. Ask your surgeon if s/he recommends anything else to improve the appearance of your scar.
Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Incision Soreness after Breast Augmentation

+2

Some amount of soreness after breast augmentation should be anticipated.  This should get better as the weeks go by.  Your incisions appear fine, and you appear to be healing well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Incision Pain

+1

Your incisions look good. You should expect some pain/tenderness at your incision site. This will get better with each passing day/week. Good luck. Dr. G.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Pain at the incision site

+1

Not at all unusual for this . You will be fine.  Just make sure you inform your surgeon if it does not get better in the next few weeks.

Dr. Vasisht

South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug Incision Soreness.

+1

These symptoms are common and expected, as is gradual resolution over the course of several weeks. Nothing on the photos appears troubling. All the best. 

Postoperative incision tenderness

+1

The tenderness at incision sites generally resolve in about 1-2 weeks, to the point where pressing on them is of little discomfort.  If the incisions are under the breast, be careful not to let your bra rub on them.  And of course no hard edges like underwire for at least 4 weeks, and only after sensation has returned to normal.

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Soreness of Breast Augmentation Incisions

+1

Your incisions are helaing very well.  It is typical to have soreness in this area and other areas of your operation for the next 4 weeks or so.  The soreness should be less noticeable each week.  Continue to follow-up with your PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation incisions

+1

Your incisions can be sore and red for several weeks sometimes months. Give it time to heal. If they are very red and inflamed it may represent an infection. Best to be seen by your surgeon.