How Many Cc to Get a Big C or Small D? (photo)

I went to my 1st consultation at the beginning of this week. The PS said he wants to do a silicone (memory gel) implant above the muscle. He stated I did not need a lift. He said he would do 325cc to 375cc and that they will be pretty big. After looking at other pictures it doesn't seem like that would give me a large C or small D.

Choosing How Many CC's With Sagging Breasts

+2

Dear Oklahoma, Thank you for posting your pre-operative photographs and question. Your photographs reveal sagging and asymmetric breasts. Your large areola, when viewed from the front,  give the illusion that your breasts are much lower than they really are. Ideally, there should be some skin and not pigmented areola tissue at the bottom. Also, there is too much breast tissue resting on your abdomen, particularly your left breast. For these reasons, I recommend a breast lift along with a partial sub-pectoral muscle breast augmentation. Large breast implants placed above the pectoral muscles in sagging breasts often lead to more sagging and disappointment. The size (CC's) and the shape of the silicone breast implants can be determined once you decide if you can accept a breast uplift and some scarring. Working with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will help you achieve your optimal longterm results. Dr. Richard Wellington Swift

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

How Many Cc to Get a Big C or Small D

+1

Before getting to size, I strongly disagree with the opinion you received about not needing a lift. Your nipples and areolas are low enough that you will likely wind up with your own breast tissue draping off the implants, a very unsatisfying result.

You should consider a lift and will probably need a vertical (lollipop) lift. 

As to size, despite the photos, I don't have a feel for your current size, and I don't know what you would consider a D to be--there are no uniform definitions of cup size. Best option is to try on implants, concentrate on the look, not the letter, and with that info your surgeon can select the proper implants to reach your goal.

All the best. 

"Rock in a Sock"

+1

Dear Okie,

BE CAREFUL!  You are a classic set up for a "rock in a sock" phenomenon.  You need a lift, period.  Large, heavy implants placed above your muscle will descend with time and create a very displeasing result.  Please do not restrict your plastic surgeon by saying "well, I don't want the scars of a lift."  It will severely compromise your result.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Implant Size and Bra Size

+1

Hello Oklahomajade,

You will not do well without a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation.  Breast implants will not make your current breast just look bigger, it will also distort your current breast shape into something less pleasing.  Additionally, breast implants over the muscle do not last (stay put) over time, and in someone like you will take on the appearance of 'ball in sock'.  

You need to visit surgeons that are expert in breast lifts, reductions, and revisions.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Choosing Implant Size

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. Judging from the photos you have provided a mastopexy (breast lift) is needed for an optimal result. There is far too great ptosis which will most likely lead to a snoopy deformity of the breast. In time, since the implant is being placed in the sub-glandular space, you will most likely also go on to develop a "rock in a sock" deformity which appears just as it sounds.

I would suggest a re-consultation and if still doubtful, a second opinion and even a third if necessary. Also consider that if the additional scars of a mastopexy are a "deal breaker," perhaps not having any surgery rather than accepting a sub-optimal result may be the best course of action.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

What size implant to go from C to D cup size?

+1
In your case the size of the implant is less of an issue than the shape of your breasts. Generally to go up a cup size requires a protheses of 200 to 250 cc. based on your body type and base width dimension of your breast. The prostheses will give you nice superior fill and I would place it in a sub muscular position . To correct the droop and improve symmetry you would benefit from a vertical mastopexy . That would also diminish the size of your areola. I don't think you will be happy with an augment alone, but talk it over with your surgeon.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

What size breast implants to Get a Big C or Small D breast size? (photo)

+1

Implant dimensions more important than size.  Your breast base width minus skin thickness, with amount of breast gland and skin elasticity factored in are all important considerations in selecting implant dimensional parameters.  Of course, your desired final size is also most important, but along with pre-surgical breast size chiefly influences profile (projection) you choose, not width.  The combination of width and projection determine implant volume... Along with implant manufacturer and implant shape/style.

Steve Laverson, MD

Baggy test

+1

A baggy test can help determien for you if you like the volume. As for the areola and skin issue, you may need to have it reduced to give a better shape.

Saggy, asymmetrical breasts with large areolae = implants + lift.

+1

You need a simultaneous augmentation plus a vertical lift.  This is called a vertical augmentation/mastopexy.  Your breasts are saggy and will not look ideal with implants alone, particularly on the left side.  Implants really don't take up the slack the way you might think they would.  Plus your areolae need to be reduced anyway (so the lollipop scar is not necessarily a negative).  Your areolae will look even bigger if you just have implants without a lift.  Also, your asymmetry cannot be corrected without a lift.  The vertical technique is best.  Check out this section of my website.  I've attached a link.  Also, your implant size done at the time of a lift should be in the 400-450 cc range.  Saline is fine, but you can have silicone if you prefer.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon