Im So Scared my Surgeon Went Too Big?

I just had BA and a donut lift 6 days ago. I'm 5'3 120lbs and was a small C full B. I told my PS I wanted to be a Full C Very conservative D. I was very specific I did not want huge boobs. When I woke up from surgery, he told me he filled the implants to 480cc moderate saline under the muscle. I told him that seemed really big and he said not to worry everyone carries cc's different and If the implant was too small I'd have a gap for cleavage! Right now they feel ginormous! Will they go down in size

Too big after aug?

+2

It is extremely common for women to feel remorse and express the concerns that you do at the stage you are at. I tell my patients to not get caught up on a number. Numbers really mean nothing except to a surgeon. Bras are all made so different that you could be a big B cup in one and a DD cup in another. What matters is how you feel at the end of the day when your breasts settle down. Right now you are way to early to be worried. You should give the implants 3-6 months to settle. It takes that long for it all to happen. Once they have settled then you can judge better whether they are too big or not. Women who have smaller breasts tend to feel like they are huge because the new implants are just so much more than they once had. I think if you give it time you will change the way you feel. We have a tough job and have to make tough decisions in the operating room. Every breast is different and what we feel one may need pre operatively can change once in surgery. Hang in there. It will all work out in time.

Im So Scared my Surgeon Went Too Big?

+2

It sounds like you were requesting one cup size larger.  Although there is no set volume that makes a perfect cup size for all women, the general rule is that 200cc will add enough volume for a cup size.  Some women visualize breast cup sizes differently, so I have always found it helpful for the patient to "try on" sizer implants prior to surgery  to be sure they have the same vision that I do.  You may indeed be larger than what your expectations are with 480cc, but it is way to early to know for sure, so try to be patient until your 4-6 wk follow up, then discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Scared Surgeon Went Too Big

+1

6 days post op is still much too soon to judge your results.  Your breasts are most likely still very swollen from the surgery and do not reflect an accurate indication of what size they actually are.  Most of your selling will dissipate by the 4 - 6 week mark but keep in mind that it can take up to one full year before you see your final results.  Be patient with your body and continue to follow all post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon.

Frank Lista, MD

Im So Scared my Surgeon Went Too Big

+1

There are a couple of factors that may make the breasts look bigger now than they will in a few months.

• Swelling from surgery
  • Increased upper pole fullness, common early on, which makes the implants look larger to most viewers.

Both of these will resolve over a few months and you may find yourself more content with the size. Thank you for the question, best wishes for a nice result. 

Breast implants too large?

+1

At six days post-operative, it is quite common to be swollen. This may cause you to look larger than you expect.  Give it time to settle down before wanting to go smaller.

Breasts too large after implant

+1

It is early in the post op period and difficult to determine what is swelling vs implant.  Give it a few weeks before making a final judgement.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Did I go too big?

+1

I can understand your concerns in regards to implant size.   At 6 days after a breast augmentation with lift, you still have significant swelling.   In fact more swelling than if you just had breast augmentation alone.   

It generally takes 6 weeks for the implants to settle and swelling to resolve.  Continue to followup closely with your plastic surgeon, I think you will be impressed with the changes you see!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

6 Days After Breast Implants - Breasts Still Swollen

+1

Swelling in any surgery is greatest between 5-7 days.  Breast surgery with implants under the muscle also look bigger because the muscle pushes on the implant, forcing the fluid to the top of the implant creating a larger, more swollen appearance than you would see in other surgeries.  I totally understand your concern at this point, but you trusted your surgeon with your life and your looks, so give him/her and yourself some time to see what the final outcome is before you make a decision about size.  Give yourself 3-6 months before you make a decision whether your implants are too big for you.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation size

+1

Thanks for your question.  It is way to early and you are swollen to be concerned about the final size of your result.  Please be seeing your surgeon regularly.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Time to have body adjust

+1

With both a lift and implants the outside of your breast is smaller and the inside larger. It will take time for all the changes to come together to make "the new you". i caution people that you will NOT like your new breasts for at least 3 weeks. You will be seeing positive changes by then, but it will be 6 weeks and likely closer to 3 months before you get to a stable end result.  Stay calm; wait and look for the subtle changes day by day.

Brent A. Buchele, MD, MBA
Kalispell Plastic Surgeon