After I Weaned my Second Baby my Breasts Suddenly Disappeared! How I Do Grow Them Back?

My chest is totally flat and it's affecting my self confidence as i'm really very concious of it. i've always been a size 32cup and move to a 34 or 36 cup during pregnancy now there's nothing there. please help.

Breast Growth

+1
Dear oleku,
It is very common to have breast shrink after nursing.  Breast growth is related to the following:
In general, breasts will stop 'growing' when all other hormone related phenomenon from puberty stop changing. Some women have early puberty and early finishing of these changes, and some women have later and a more prolonged course. However, any changes to hormone levels, such as in pregnancy, nursing, etc. can change breasts, OCP may change growth, certain tumors may affect growth, weight gain will affect size, etc. The breast is composed of the breast gland that grows related to hormone levels of estrogen and prolactin as well as other hormones, but some women's breast tissue have more 'hormone receptors' than other women's and thus are more sensitive to hormone levels. That is why the hormone creams etc do not work on someone who naturally have smaller breasts because they are less sensative to hormones. In addition, the breast is also composed of fat tissue which grows and shrinks with weight gain and loss. So there is no simple answer here. There is not much you can do to increase your breast size short of getting pregnant or gaining weight.  The following photo is of a lady who had 3 babies and her breasts dissappeared after nursing.  
Best Wishes!
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Post Partum Loss of Breast Volume

+1

This is fairly common after pregnancy.   It is most important that you complete breast feeding 3-6 months prior to considering breast surgery.   The longevity of your result will be better if you are not planning on future pregnancies.

I would recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Without pictures, it is difficult to ascertain whether you will benefit from an augmentation alone or require a breast lift also.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast augmentation or fat transfer are two possible options to correct deflated breasts.

+1

Unfortunately, deflated breasts, also known as postpartum breast involution, is a possible after having children.  Breast augmentation or fat transfer are two possible options to correct this.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Natural increase in breast size

+1

Another option to consider without implants would be the Brava system if you can put up with wearing the device...the best increase will only be modest though.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

After I Weaned my Second Baby my Breasts Suddenly Disappeared!

+1

It is not uncommon to lose breast volume after pregnancy and nursing. There is no natural remedy, There is a surgical remedy to restore your breast volume. Most patients seeking correction will choose breast implants, either with silicone or saline, though silicone is often a better choice for patients with very little breast tissue of their own. 

An occasional patient may be a good candidate for restoring breast volume with fat transfer. The outcome is somewhat less predictable, any must have a source sufficient excess fat on your body. 

Making an appointment with a plastic surgeon is the best way to learn your options. Thank you best wishes.

Decrease in breast size after stopping breastfeeding

+1

Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, it is common and completely normal for your breast size to decrease after you stop breastfeeding. First, congratulations on breastfeeding your child as it is the best way to help their immunity and overall health. In regards to the decrease, it is completely up to you whether you want to do something about this change or not. There is no natural way to increase your breast size, so if this is concerning to you, then breast augmentation would be the answer. If you are comfortable with the size, but your breasts are drooping, then a breast lift may be a better option. Realize that both options are surgeries and have their risks but in this modern age, both are safely and routinely done all over the United States. Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon for either surgery. Good luck!

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Implants Are Best Solution For Post-partum Breast Deflation

+1

Implants are most likely your best and only widely accepted option.  You mention 32,etc. cup size.  Cup sizes (A,B,etc.) are independent of chest size (32,etc.).  Another possibility is fat transfer, but this is still controversial.

John Whitt, MD

Disappearing Breast

+1

It is common to lose breast volume after breastfeeding.  Volume replacement is usually accomplished by placing either a saline or silicone breast implant.  In some situations, this is all that needs to be done.  Some women have sagging breast in addition to losing volume.  In this situation, a breast lift procedure is combined with placement of the implant to increase the volume and improve the shape of the breast and reposition the nipple.  Please seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options.

Donald Griffin, MD