Nipple Bruising After Breast Augmentation?

I had a breast augmentation last week, up until today everything was great. Today i noticed that one of my nipple is bruised and feels tingly. Is this normal?

Bruised nipple .

+1

This  observation is not uncommon after implant surgery, on one side or both. I suggest you keep this under observation for a few weeks, at least. Nipple tingling or numbness may take longer to resolve.

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Complications from smoking after a breast augmentation...

+1

Any unforeseen development in the post-operative period should be immediately discussed with your surgeon.  Sometimes, especially in smokers, there can be a problem with the blood supply which results in changes to nipple appearance and healing. 

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Bruising Following Breast Augmentation

+1

Sometimes initial bruising is not noticeable until it starts changing color. The tingly feeling can be entirely normal after such an operation and should improve over the next few weeks. If it does not, be sure to consult your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Bruising after Breast Augmentation

+1

If your breast augmentation was performed under a peri-areolar approach, then it is not uncommon after surgery to see bruising or feel tingling.   This should improve or resolve over the next 4-6 weeks.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Nipple bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Strange sensations after surgery are common as patients heal.  If the bruising is confined to a small area, I would not be concerned, but I agree that you should check with your plastic surgeon.  You did not mention if your breast incision is along the areola, but I am assuming you did.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

New bruising can be a sign that you bled around the area

+1

New bruising after a week of normal healing can be a sign that you had fresh bleeding around the nipple.  In most cases, bleeding in small amounts as long as it is outside of the breast implant pocket should be ok and the body should absorb it without a problem.  I would still have your plastic surgeon take a look at it and see if there is anything that needs to be done.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nipple bruising

+1

A photo would help.  Very common to have unusual nipple sensations after surgery.  The bruising is not unusual, but agree, not common. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are many findings and symptoms that occur after any type of surgery, and they are different for each patient. Those of us who have been doing breast enlargement surgery for a long time have heard complaints like these often.

Normal? I woundn't say. Common? Yes. A problem? No.

Do stay in touch with your surgeon.