Rhinoplasty Asian Male - Specifically on the Nose Bridge.

I love everything about my nose, the only problem I have with it, is my nose bridge. I'm an Asian male, 22, aspiring model. My nose bridge is flat, not significantly. Is it possible to just only get my nose bridge raised? I am open to any ideas and suggestions, and would like to know my options before I proceed with this procedure. I've provided some pictures for help as well.

Dorsal implant in Asian male.

+3

There are silicone and cartilage grafts used for this--but you don't need it--your nose looks great the way it is--leave it alone.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a common request.  There are several options to improve the height of your nasal bridge.  Some are temporary and some are permanent.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with this.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Augmentation of Asian Nasal Bridge

+1

A picture of your  profile would be helpful in evaluating your need to raise  the nasal bridge. If indicated, silicone implants, cartilage grafts, or soft tissue such as fascia can be used. During consultation your goals and alternative procedures will be discussed.

Asian Rhinoplasty--Options to build the Bridge of the nose

+1

Hi Luciano,

Augmenting or building the nasal bridge can be done by a variety of techniques.

Try to avoid buliding the bridge with fillers as they can potentially cause dermal skin damage which can be potentially permanent.

The use of Silicone and other implant can also create extrusion, infection, and skin damage, even years after the surgery.

The best option is to use your own tissues and create an implant which can be permanent. The cost of this kind of procedure is higher as it requires greater level of skill. This requires a surgeon who is committed and has patience.

For more details of advantages and disadvantages, please see the following articles published in plastic surgery journal.

Sajjadian, Ali M.D., et al. Current Status of Grafts and Implants in Rhinoplasty: Part II. Homologous Grafts and Allogenic Implants Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery:
March 2010 - Volume 125 - Issue 3 - pp 99e-109e doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181cb662f
CME

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Dorsal nasal implant

+1

If your goal is the appearance you have with make-up, a dorsal nasal implant is a simple and reversible way to go .

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bridge Augmentation in Asian Patients

+1

Luciano

This is a common concern in the Asian Rhinoplasty patient.  There are many options depending on the amount of "bridge" augmentation needed.  I have successfully used soft tissue fillers for dorsum augmentation.  Fillers are relatively inexpensive and the results are immediate.  However, it is important that you find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon because the right filler and technique must be used to get good results and avoid problems.

Cartilage grafts - either solid, crushed or diced - provide even more augmentation.  This is a more expensive procedure usually requiring anesthesia and there are also risks associated with graft visibility and symmetry.

Silicone implants can provide even more augmentation, The cons of silicone grafts are cost, implant visibility, symmetry and a small risk of infection and/or extrusion. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Your Nasal Dorsum Looks Pretty Good

+1
It is definitely possible to just raise the nasal dorsum, as long as doing this does not make the other subunits of your nose appear out of place or mismatched. I will say that I personally feel you have a relatively good nasal dorsum for an asian nose already. I typically place a dorsal implant in my asian nose patients. I then will perform nasal tip work using their natural cartilage. This provides good consistent dorsal augmentation and yet allows me to modify their tip without the use of any artificial material that could cause problems down the road. Computer generated imaging may help you make a decision, but as I stated before, your dorsum looks pretty good to me.
Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon