Can Restalyne Cause Bi-lateral Joint Pain?

Two months ago I was injected to define my cheek bones with no real results. It dissolved quickly. Now I have bi-lateral joint pain, especially, in my ankles. There is no other explanation for this pain and tightening of my muscles. Is this a known side effect? Thank you. LL

Restylane is not known to cause joint pain

+1

There is no known cause and effect for Restylane injections and swollen joints. This might entirely be caused by a coincidental development of an arthritic, systemic, or infectious disease and you should see your general doctor. Was the REstylane a pure product, or was it a facsimile that was used (some supply companies try to sell substitute fillers for less to doctors' offices). it is important to see board-certified doctors who only use approved injectables.

Not to My Knowledge

+1

I have never heard of a link between joint pain and Restylane. This is not to say this absolutely could not happen, but there is no evidence I could find in the medical literature.

I would see either your medical doctor or a rheumatologist for an evaluation. There are a number of medical conditions which have joint pain as a leading symptom. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

There is NO reported Common association between Restylane and Joint Pain

+1
I have been using Restylane on my patients ever since it came on the American market and have never seen a case complicated by joint pains. I would suggest you be seen by an Orthopaedic surgeon or a Rheumatologist as there are unfortunately many potential reasons for such pains. Dr. Aldea

Hyaluronic fillers and joint pain

+1

Unfortunately, I am sure there are several other potential explanations for your joint pain as this can also be caused by autoimmune disease, chronic repetitive motion, secondary effects of viral or bacterial infections, etc. I am not aware of any direct or recognized link between hyaluronic acid fillers and joint pain.