What Are These Tiny Blisters on my Lip After Augmentation?

I had restylane injected in my top lip on Wednesday. I bruised on both sides of my lip where there were several injections made. Tonight I have a cluster of tiny little blisters on my left side that is itchy and the area is beginning to swell up under the blisters. Is this a cold sore forming? Should I try to treat it with Abreva or should I wait to see what it looks like tomorrow? I have a cold sore that comes out on the other side of my bottom lip (right) when I get too much sun. Thank you

Blistered Lips after Augmentation

+1

Please go see your doctor as you may have developed cold sores and they can possibly give you something for it.  Plus, you want to reject that it could be anything else.

"Dr.D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler and lip issues

+1

You may be developing a cold sore and will probably need a prescription to limit the outbreak.  Good luck.

Cold sore after filler in the lip

+1

As the lesions appears to be a cold sore, call your doctor and ask if a prescription for the cold sore pill can help.

Ronald Shelton, MD