Can Natural Medical Doctor (NMD) Inject Restylane?

This doctor is more commonly known for her natural medical practice rather than for injectibles. Should I be concerned?

NMD (naturopaths) are trying to get licensed in many states.

+1

NMD's may be "able to" inject Botox and cosmetic fillers, but if it is legal at all it is made so by the NMD's going to individual state legislatures and lobbying for permission in front of politicians who are not doctors. In most states, it is not legal, and the public is getting very confused about who is a "real doctor". Only M.D. and D.O. physicians "board-certified" by the NBMS (National Board of Medical Specialties-- NOT other "boards") who have done residencies and fellowships in dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, or oculoplastic surgery should be the physicians to treat you.

NMD's have not gone to what you think of as medical school, and are not trained as you expect them to be to be responsible for the potentially life-threatening risks of injectable cosmetic treatments.

Do not fool around with your face and your life.

Natural medical doctor

+1

I am not really sure what a natural medical doctor is?  Does that mean that they are not made of any artificial products?  I would go with a core physician like a plastic surgeon., dermatologist, oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.  They are trained to perform aesthetic procedures.

NMD and Restylane

+1

When having any injectable procedure, please see an MD or DO who is a Board Certified specialist from one of the following core specialties: Dermatology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, or Occuloplastic Surgery.  Be careful!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Almost Anyone "CAN" Inject Restylane - but getting great results from anyone - NOT going to happen

+1

In most states, almost anyone with a medical or allied health license can inject Restylane or Botox. This dos NOT mean that all injectors are equal. Far from it. All Plastic surgeons see poor results in their offices caused by such marginally trained individuals.

For the best possible results seek out a Plastic surgeon who injects his own fillers and Botox and enjoys doing so. You will not be disappointed.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Can Natural Medicine Doctor Inject Restylane or Other Facial Fillers?

+1

Hi,

In today's crazy world it seems as if everyone including the plumber, dry cleaner, or gas station attendant may be injecting fillers and Botox, Dysport, etc.

An MD or supervised RN may perform injections of fillers and Botox, Dysport.  It is best to choose carefully a physician injector from one of the core facial cosmetic specialities which include plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, ENT, cosmetic dermatology, or opthalmoplastic surgery.

See the web reference below for more reasons to choose your injecting physician carefully, making sure that they are a professional whom you can trust.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Natural Medical Doctor (NMD) inject Restylane

+1

Not in the state of Florida, because by board of Medicine guidelines, the only approved medical injectors are MD, DO, NP, CRNA. So the NP is not accepted. From MIAMI Dr. B

Who should inject botox

+1

The most qualified injectors of Botox are MD and DO dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Experience is also important. The cost differential between non MDs and doctors injecting is probably not worth the risk of having a poor outcome.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Licensed, and board certified medical doctors should do these procedures

+1

I am not even sure it would be legal for these practicioners to do medical procedures, and they have to be licensed MD in order to purchase the FDA approved products (beware illegal Restylane), I certainly AM sure that a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon would be a safer and smarter choice.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

I would be concerned

+1

This natural medical doctor may be permitted to perform injections, but this must be done under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor. 

I agree with many of my colleagues on this site, that filler injections are best done by physicians who have had years of training and experience with the skin, i.e. dermatologists and plastic surgeons. 

The natural medical doctor would be better serving her patients better by studying up on her herbs, and botanicals!

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist