Can Nose Hump Be Removed Without Changing the Rest of my Nose?

I want to remove somewhat of large hump on my nose but i want to leave my nose the same. is it possible to shave the hump part down and leave my nose the same. I like my nose the way it is and i was wondering should i go for the procedure. Do you think my nose is in a really bad shape?

Removing the hump of the nose only Nose job ( rhinoplasty)

+2

Hi Jon,

You can have only the hump removed by itself without doing anything else. The problem would be that you would get very natural looking appearance.

After looking at your nose carefully these are the suggestions I have for you (without having access to the other views);

• Reduce the hump
  • Shorten the nose slightly
  • Improve the tension appearance of the nose
  • Improve the columellar show
  • improve the radix, glabellar region with graft,
  • Improve the airway as needed.

Have an evaluation by someone experience in ethnic nose and you should have a good result without changing the appearance of your entire face while getting a good result.

Hope this was helpful.
Dr. Sajjadian

Nasal Dorsal Hump Reduction without Changing the Nose

+1

Usually, it is not just the removal of the nasal dorsal hump that is needed. One needs to provide nasal balance of the nasal dorsum with the tip and the rest of the face. It is uncommon to remove the nasal dorsal hump without doing some finesse changes to the nasal tip. This requires operative expertise and experience of a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Removing only the nasal hump

+1

Hump removal often involves more than just taking away dorsal hump on the nose. Once the hump has been removed, the sidewalls need to be narrowed with osteotomies to prevent open roof deformity. It is also important to make sure the tip will then balance with the remainder of the new nose. The tip must be in harmony with the remainder of the nose, so some type of tip work may need to be done as well.

Removing nasal hump and making no other changes

+1

Removing a nasal hump and not makin any other changes may be possible. However, if the dorsum appears flatter, osteotomies are often necessary to improve the flatness.

Removing a nose hump without changing the rest of the nose

+1

It may be possible to change one area of the nose without major alterations to the other areas, but I'd recommend you discuss this with your surgeon who can examine you in person and discuss your goals and concerns more extensively. Then the two of you can decide what works best for your facial anatomy and desires.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Hump Removal without Changing the Rest of the Nose

+1

Although you may not like your nose, it is not "in bad shape". All rhinoplasty surgery should be individualized; therefore, you can remove the hump without changing the entire nose. Your hump cannot be "shaved", but it can be excised.

Hump removal

+1

It depends upon how big your hump is . Mini humps may be rasped down ro create a straight profile without affecting the other components of the nose. However large humps  may need osteotomis or dorsal grafts to close the "open roof" otherwis you are trading onr problem for another.

Zain Kadri, MD

Removing the hump in rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty allows correction of different parts of the nose, whether the bony hump, tip, nostrils or any other aspects. Although the hump alone my be reduced, sometimes additional procedures, such as osteotomies, are necessary to produce the desired result. In depth discussion with your surgeon is essential prior to undergoing nasal surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Rhinoplasty can just remove a hump only

+1

Rhinoplasty is very flexible and it is common that the hump is the biggest issue, and occasionally the hump is the only issue. As a rule we change what is necessary to reach the 'goal' shape, and is only the hump is the concern no more need be changed. We have even had some men tell us that they want a very small hump remaining to keep their nose in character with their face, and maintain a masculine look. We use computer imaging and simulation to help us lock on to the right result.

peterejohnsonmd

Isolated Nasal Hump Removal in Male Patient

+1
Hi Jon, You appear to have a low nasal radix above your dorsal hump. An experience rhinoplasty surgeon can lower your hump with or without a radix graft to build up the area above the hump. By adding the small graft less hump needs to be removed, and you have a natural "unoperated upon" appearance. There may be very slight sculpting performed in adjacent. Good luck and be well. Dr.p

Michael A. Persky, MD