OK Not to Wear Compression Garment After Tummy Tuck with Lipo?

I had tt with lipo of the flanks, bra, and back area on june 22. I having a hard time with pressure garment it's very hard to get in and out of also I itch and burn really badly. I have taken it off. I've heard that its okay not to wear the darn thing. Will I still get the results I wanted? My stomach feels like some is in there constantly blowing it up. Please any suggestions?

Compression garment after tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is uncomfortable.

+1

Compression garmnents can be important in reducing swelling and the potential for hematoma or seroma *but this controversial. Consider downgrading to a more comfortable garment rather than discontinuing it altogether.

Compression Garments and Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Every American Plastic surgeon has an opinion on whether their patients should wear surgical garments after Liposuction, after Tummy tuck or not. Since YOUR surgeon was the only one in the operating room and knows what he did, HE should be the only one managing this aspect of your care. If the garment is too tight, maybe a larger, looser garment should be worn until the swelling subsides enough to allow you to wear the garment you are fighting with now?

Compression Garments Work!

+1

The role of the compression garment is to help decrease the amount of swelling and retrain the skin that is still left.  It really helps get everything back to where you want to be alot faster.  You want the garment to be firm, but it doesn't do you any good if you do not wear it.  You will see that as you heal over the next few days to a week, the garment will fit better and you will be more comfortable.  If you opt not to wear the garment, you will probably get tthe same results, but it may take alot longer to get to that point.  You went through the hassle of having surgery, so why not do everything you can to heal up as fast and well as you can?

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon