Will Tummy Tuck Remove Stretch Marks Above the Belly Button?

i have always had a protruding belly, however the skin is not loose. What bothers me the most and the reason for wanting a tummy tuck is the numerous amount of stretch marks which reaches above the belly button, i know its difficult but could a little more nip tucking remove ALL of the stretch marks, other than below the belly button? i need to lose about 90 pounds before getting my tummy tuck but as you can see my stretch marks are VERY SEVERE, this bugs me so much because i want to get rid of all of them, but i know that only below the belly button can be removed... will a tummy tuck make them look better at least? I'm only 21 years old. And they are pretty new.

Stretch marks and tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck will remove a lot of stretch marks below the belly button and none above unless it is a "reverse" tummy tuck". It may make them look better though because it stretches the skin. If the marks are red, a laser will help "shrink" them.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Options for floose sklin above the belly button

+1

Only a full tummy tuck can truly treat lax skin above the umbilicus. The other alternative is a reverse abdominoplasty to pull the excess skin upwards.

Tummy tuck removes stretch marks below the belly button

+1

A standard tummy tuck removes a horizontally oriented football shaped area of skin between the belly button and the pubic area, so any stretch marks in that region will be removed. The skin above the belly button is then pulled down to cover where the skin was removed, so you will still have any stretch marks there but they will look better because the skin is tight and smooth.

Richard Baxter, MD

Stretch marks above the belly button

+1

Without a photo I can't totally say but if you have stretch marks above the belly button, usually these cannot all be taken out unless you have a higher than ideal scar.  Ask some plastic surgeons in your area about this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS