Physical Job - How Long Will I Need off Work After Breast Augmentation?

I have a physical job, how long will i need off work for breast enhancement surgery below the muscle? How long will my breasts be sore for, as i have to wear heavy clothing on my top half of my body? I am also looking at having a holiday to relax and help with my recovery, a week after surgery will i be ok on a two hour flight?

How Long off Work after Breast Augmentation

+2

I recommend 5 days of rest but depending on the physicality of the job you may need longer. You may feel discomfort for a few days to a few weeks it just depends. As a precaution, I prefer my patients to wait 2 weeks before flying.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon

+1
You may need to wait 6 weeks or so if your job is physically demanding and requires lifting. You should probably wait a couple of weeks before flying. Please ask your surgeon for their advice as it may be different.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Lifting restrictions after breast augmentation

+1

Each surgeon will vary in their advice and recommendations and lifting restrictions may be enforced for as little as 3 weeks or as long as 3 months. In our practice, we discourage patients from undertaking pectoralis strengthening exercises long term.