What Can I Use to Drop Just One Breast? The Other One is Dropped Already.

My left breast is fine and dropped but the right is still a bit high, I am afraid of wearing the band on both seeing the the left one will continue to drop and get lower with the band. I would like to just drop the right one how can I do that without having to put the band on both breast?

Wait three to four months

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice, however you may want to consider massage on just the right breast. Also, it takes about three to four months for your breasts to drop, and it is very common for this to happen sooner in one breast than the other. You didn't mention how long it's been since your surgery, so you may want to wait a bit.

One breast implant has dropped and the other has not.

+1

You can use the following video exercises on one breast 2-3 times more frequently than the normal breast and then use the compression band in a figure of 8 manner if permitted by your surgeon.

High Riding Implant

+1

There are manuevers that can be done and bands worn as well.  But I would want to know how far out you are from surgery, because that makes the world of difference.  You should discuss this with your surgeon and see what he or she thinks.  If you are further out this may be an early sign of capsular contracture, if you are immediate after surgery then time is what is needed.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast implants sometimes drop at different rates

+1

Go back to your surgeon and ask him or her.  Generally, some directed massage on the slow-to-drop side, or padding under the strap on that side could help.  Also it depends - are you several days out or several weeks out from surgery?  In some cases, an implant that just won't come down will need surgery to get it down.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry in Breast implant Dropping

+1

They make asymmetric bandeaus with a strap that fits nicely over just one side. An alternative would be a tube top. Just put in on and bunch or roll it up over one side. 

Hayley Brown, MD

See your surgeon again

+1

You did not state how far out you were from surgery but it sounds recent. Implants can shift after surgery. I would see your surgeon again and explain the situation. They may consider stopping the chest band and having you do simple upper breast pole massage to see if you can get the implant to get repositioned. Please see your surgeon before attempting this.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon