Breast Augmentation for Around $3000

I am looking a doctor who will perform breast augmentation for around $3000, I live in Colorado so anywhere close would be ideal, but I am willing to travel. Thanks

Cheap Breast Augmenation

+2

I personally have not heard any breast augmentation done around $3000.  That is really below the market price. Any procedure has to cover for OR and anesthesia fees and cost of implant as well as surgeon's fee.   Normally breast augmentation in Houston ranges between $5000 to $6500.  If you find someone who is willing to do breast augmentation for $3000, you should make sure that that person is 1) plastic surgeon and 2) board-certified plastic surgeon.

Low cost must travel.

+2

In the North Texas area it would be hard to find a Plastic Surgeon that would do the entire procedure for $3000, The cost in Fort Worth are low, Anesthesia , the facility and the saline implant cost are going to be somewhere around $1700 which would leave the "profit " at  $1300. I  do not think you will get a Board Certified Surgeon to do this in this area. I have heard that in Southern California the price is low because of all the competition so you may want to look there and is you go to Mexico you could get it done for that price but you then have to add in transportation and living expense and you would not have a local doctor to help for problems or questions.

It would be best to save up some more money or go to a finance company.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Low cost breast augmentation

+2

For $3000 you will almost certainly not have a board certified plastic surgeon doing your procedure.  The cost to the doctor to offer the operation with anesthesia would leave no profit at your price and if you go to a non-plastic surgeon, your chance of having complications greatly increases and the cost of fixing them could be far more than getting the operation done properly in the first place. 

The honest, best plan is for you to save more and go to a real and excellent plastic surgeon and get an excellent and safe surgery done.  This isn't an emergency and you should never do coametic surgery if it totally taps out your finances.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Cheap Breast Implants

+1
I can't imagine how plastic surgeons are able to charge this amount for breast augmentation. The cost of maintaining a pristine OR with state of the art technology and staffing the OR with exceptional medical professionals is not inexpensive. 

Plastic surgeons will have different prices based on their education and training, as well as the results they are able to provide for their patients.  Additionally, some low-priced plastic surgeons can cut a lot of corners when it comes to the surgical environment and surgical staff. This is not a wise way to save money.

Other hard costs include the preoperative and follow up visits included in the fee, the post operative garment that we provide and of course the price of the breast implants and supplies used during surgery.

During a surgical procedure myself, a board certified anesthesiologist, certified surgical techs and RN's will be in the room.   Part of the surgical team will include medical professionals who are not in the room but who will be involved in your care, like pre-operative nurses, -RN’s providing post anesthesia care, an RN outside the OR to provide assistance for breaks, and of course a certified strerile processing professional and an OR director overseeing the operations of the OR.

Maintaining a pristine accredited OR is also expensive. Believe it or not, plastic surgery is often performed in non-accredited environments. Just like plastic surgery can be performed –legally, by pohysicians with absolutely no training in surgery and no hospital priveleges to perform the surgeries they perform, surgery is being performed in non-accrediated environemts. Look for accreditation from The Joint Commission  and / or AAASF

It is also important to be sure that your plastic surgeon has hospital priveleges at local hospital in the event of an unforeseen medical issue that could possible require the expertise of other specialists. While this is a very rare occurrence with appropriate patient selection, it is important to cover every base for safety.

Ask the right questions, check out your surgeon and look at lots and lots of photos. Compromising your health, well being and appearance  is not the way to save money.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for 3000$

+1

When looking at different breast augmentation prices there are many factors as to why you see different prices. Most doctors that charge more would like you to think it is because they are better trained or give you a better result. This is not the case. typically there are many factors that contribute to what a doctors charges

1)does the doctor have their own surgery center pr have to use a hospital. If they have to use the hospital this can add several thousand dollars to the cost which is passed on to the patient. The doctors that have to use a hospital will try to tell you its safer but the reality is this has never been shown scientifically and all Board certified plastic surgeons are required to operate in certified surgery centers. So those with their own centers have facilities with the same set of standards as the hospital and at times are certified by the same agency. So most Surgeons with their own surgery center pass the discount on to their patient.

2)Time in the Operating room. The less experienced, indecisive a surgeon or the fewer cases a plastic surgeon does per year the longer they will take in the operating room to perform the procedure. Thus the more they are charged by the hospital or anesthesia staff. The more specialized the plastic surgeon is with breast augmentation the more efficient he is with the procedure so the less time it take and the less it will cost. Not to mention the more they do the less they pay for the same implants. Again most surgeons should pass this savings on to the patient.

3)Experience.. the more experienced sometimes the more the Doctor feels they can demand for their services. What you should look for, is to make sure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They should also be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery as well as a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (which is the most prestigious cosmetic society a plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic breast augmentation can belong to).

4) Lastly sometimes geography comes into play when in certain regions of the country the cost for staffing and facility are much higher than in others.

I perform over 1000 breast augmentations per year. And I am a member of the above societies as well as a member of the lead surgeons. We have our own surgery center and charge what we feel to be an honest cost of only 3000$ for saline and 4000$ for silicone breast augmentation and this includes all cost..

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

$3000 breast augmentation

+1

$3000 is significantly below the market price in NYC. Implants and anesthesia cost about $1900 in this area and no board certified plastic surgeon will do a procedure of this type for $1100. You mention being willing to travel. Travel is not free and will be costly if there is a complication requiring followup care. Medical tourism carries its own set of risks as does selecting a surgeon based solely upon price. Your price expectation for this procedure is excessively low. The only suggestion I would offer is to ascertain whether an academic training program in your area offers profit-free surgery in return for training of plastic surgery residents under the supervision of attending physicians.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation for $3000

+1

That is below the national average for breast augmentation performed by plastic surgeons, after considering implant fees, facility fees, anesthesia fees and then the surgeon's fee.  I would recommend that you find a surgeon who is qualified, you are comfortable with, and then save up to pay his or her fees!  It will be well worth the wait to have the procedure performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon in an accredited facility, and not just price shop.  Surgery has permanent consequences on your body- it's not like shopping for a car or getting a hair cut, which can be reversed. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Breast implant price

+1

The only doctor I know of who does it for that low a price is not a board certified plastic surgeon.  He does these in his own non-accredited clinic without general anesthesia- just sedation.  I would save your pennies for a qualified plastic surgeon that you can trust.  You get what you pay for! The other posts are spot on regarding the normal price- $5000-$6500 in my area depending on whether you choose saline or gel implants. 

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentations done by a board certified PS should not cost $3000.00.

+1

Three thousand sounds extremely low.  It is in your best interest to go to a board certified plastic surgeon and have the procedure done under general anesthesia.  Beware of such low prices. 

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+1

The best recommendation I could give you is that if you find such a doctor that you run away as quickly as possible in the opposite direction from that doctor. If you have a poorly qualified surgeon or one who rushes through surgery to get to the next low price procedure you will have problems afterwards that will require additional surgery. Usually these bargain basement surgeons do not do the revisions and you will have to go to another surgeon who will charge you handsomely. Then you will be spending much more than if you did it right the first time.

Aaron Stone, MD