Is 51 Years Old Too Old for Breast Augmentation?

I Just Want to Fill 34 a Bra! it seems so risky... i don't want to complicate my health and life and yet, i'd love just to have anything more than a sunken chest... how many years till fat transfers are workable? or somesuch other injectable??

Breast Augmentation Age

+1

By no means is 51  too  old to have a breast  augmentation as long as you  meet the usual criteria for surgery (self-motivation, healthy enough to withstand the stress of surgery and anesthesia, and have a full understanding of the risks/complications/long-term 'investment”  associated with having breast implants)

Hopefully her only regret will be not having done it sooner.

Breast Augmentation in 51 year old

+1

You are not too old for a breast augmentation, as long as your health is good and you are an appropriate candidate.  In our practice we had three 52+ year old patients in a month.  They told us the children are out of the house and it is time for them to do something that they wanted to do for years.  I would not go with fat or other injectable to the breast at time of this writing.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Bring photos of what you would like to look like.  Together you can then make appropriate decisions.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Fat grafting for breast augmentation in a 50 + year old

+1

I have now performed fat injections on several patients with satisfactory results, My last patient underwent two sessions after silicone implant removal and she is 55 years old and delighted with the results so far. Go for a consultation to discuss the procedure and if you are a good candidate.

Breast augmentation at age 51

+1

Breast augmentation is actually not a risky or complicated procedure if done by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast surgery. It can even be done under local anesthesia with IV sedation. Fat injection to the breast could be viewed as more risky because we really don't know that the effects of the fat injection are long term. 

Age is largely irrelevant. The issues are health for an elective, cosmetic procedure, and suitability from a physical standpoint. The other is what an augmentation with implants will do and what it won't do. Be realistic. If your health is suitable and you're doing it for yourself and not someone else or for a reason that can not be assured with a larger breast or you aren't prepared for the recovery or you don't follow instructions, you could regret the decision to do it. On the other hand, a properly positioned implant put in through the inframammary crease of the breast is a lot easier to remove or undo than a big tattoo or a fat injection. It can be removed with minimum local anesthesia, particularly saline ones, and should leave the breast looking like it would have looked if the implant had never been there (aside from the incisional scar). 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Re: too old for a breast augmentation?

+1

Most certainly not. If this is something you have thought about and desired for many years and are generally healthy, then you would be a very good candidate. Three days ago I performed an augmentation with a mastopexy on a 56-year-old teacher, who after the birth of her children had always wanted to correct things and now was able to. Several years ago I had a 65-year-old woman who came into my office with her husband for primary breast augmentation. I did question her on why at this age she wanted to be augmented. Her response was that she had sacrificed all these years in raising seven children, had a loving relationship with her husband and being flat chested her entire life wished to correct the situation. This certainly made sense and she did beautifully. So in your case, if this is something your want you should certainly proceed without any hesitation.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation is safe in your 50s if you are in good health

+1

Hi there-

You are too young to give up on being happy and comfortable with your appearance!

As long as you are in good health, there is no reason you could not safely undergo a breast augmentation procedure.

I am still not a believer that fat grafting to the breast is a responsible thing for us to be doing (recognizing that I may eventually change my mind)- with 1 in 8 women in the US developing breast cancer and the propensity for the grafted fat to mimic breast cancer on mammograms...

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consult... Here's a bit of advice on how to find someone you like and can trust:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

HOW Old is "Too Old" for a Breast Augmentation?

+1

Regarding:  "Is 51 Years Old Too Old for Breast Augmentation?
I Just Want to Fill 34 a Bra! it seems so risky... i don't want to complicate my health and life and yet, i'd love just to have anything more than a sunken chest... how many years till fat transfers are workable? or somesuch other injectable
??"

50 is the new 30. We live at a time when people in their 60's and 70's are extremely active and want to live life to its fullest. If you are in good health there is NO reason why you could not have a breast augmentation or other Cosmetic Surgery. We have all had older patients undergo procedure long thought to be "young people procedure. That is no longer the case because youth no longer belongs to the young. It belongs to and is enjoyed by all those whose health and mindset permits it.

Seek out a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and learn your options; breast implants, fat grafting or both.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast augmentation art 51

+1

It is perfectly acceptable to have breast augmentation at your age.  It is a personal choice and I have performed this surgery on older women.

51 Years Old Too Old for Breast Augmentation

+1

NO! But you are correct that fat transfer stem cell activate is now being done to "enhance the breast' NOT really enlarge it. So seek opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. 

Prime time for breast augmentation

+1

You are at an ideal age for a breast augmentation and from your description it sounds like you want a proportionate size, which is smart. If you ask around i bet you will find a lot of women in your age group and much older with implants, they just don't broadcast it because they have a more natural look.

Richard Baxter, MD