At 56, Am I Too Old for Tip Rhinoplasty?

I know my eyes and neck aren't great, but I've had this huge nose all of my life and I would love to at least have the tip shortened, as it looks like it is drooping more.

Rhinoplasty Is Not Age Limited

+1

Age is relevant to undergoing a rhinoplasty. What matters most is whether the changes you desire can be achieved by the operation.

People of all ages request rhinoplasty

+1

Many patients your age request rhinoplasty. If your tip is drooping or looks overly long, cosmetic rhinoplasty can be very rewarding. It may significantly improve your facial balance and profile. I would recommend a consult with a rhinoplasty specialist and go through the process of computer imaging to see what your options would be. You can find out more about computer imaging by following the link below.

Dr. Buonassisi

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at age 56

+1

I will do rhinoplasties on patients your age and much older. Today,individuals like yourself are more educated about cosmetic surgery and therefore change unwanted inherited physical features. Consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss the surgery.

Nose tip lift

+1

It is very common for the nasal tip to start drooping, while the face and eyelids sag as well.  Performing a rhinoplasty at your age can reduce the nasal size while lifting the droopy tip.  It is important to evaluate your nasal airway breathing to determine if the septum is deviated and causing obstruction.

If the septum needs to be fixed, it can be done at  the same time(septorhinoplasty) as the nose reshaping.  At your age, a preoperative medical clearance with an internist is recommended. 

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Too old for tip rhinoplasty

+1

No you are not but a photo could have helped determine the answer to a better degree. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area to discuss.

From MIAMI DR. B

Rhinoplasty can be done safely

+1

You can have rhinoplasty and should get a good result. The best thing is to get multiple consultation with board certified plastic surgeons.Computer morphing can helpful.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Never Too Old

+1

Hi,

56 is very young but your never too old to anything done. If you want to make self - improvement, then go right ahead. As long as your healthy then go for it. Remember, aging is inevitable growing old is optional.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can be done on "mature" adults.

+1

There is no limit on doing a rhinoplasty on older patients. As long as you are healthy enough for surgery of any kind.

56 is the perfect age for tip plasty

+1

Many people notice that their tips drop and appear to get larger with age.  These are easily correctable problems with the appropriate techniques and the results can be fantastic.  As long as you are healthy and cleared by your internist then you are the perfect age to have those issues corrected in a very safe way.

Jason B. Diamond, MD