My Nose Keeps Growing at the Age of 30. Will a Nose Job Make It Stop?

I'm very upset with what's happening to my nose. It continues to grow and its very noticable. The tip is bulbous. I think its a hormone problem but all of my levels are normal. I wanted to know if I can get a nose job to stop the growth somehow. I don't know what to do. Please help me

Growing Nose

+2

Your perception of nasal growth may be a medical condition know as "Rhinophyma"...it is not a tumor as others have alluded to in the thread, but rather an overgrowth of normal glandular tissue, sebaceous glands, which are in abundance at the lower 2/3 of your nose skin. See a Dermatologists or a Plastic Surgeon for treatment. Laser and/or scalpel reduction works well but may need to be repeated.

Hope this helps....send a picture in as well and this may help us with the diagnosis.

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

Nose Keeps Growing

+2

PLEASE seek an in person evaluation with a boarded surgeon in your are. This is to rule out any growing tumors (rhinophyma), genetic growth, traumatic issues, cysts, etc. Than if there are no medical issues to the size of your nose a rhinoplasty can be preformed. Best of luck from MIami Dr. darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Rhinoplasty will not stop cartilage growth in nose

+1

The rhinoplasty will not arrest any cartilaginous growth. The rhinoplasty will adjust and refine nasal tip cartilages and reduce the bulbosity. There are many different techniques available including removal of a portion of the tip cartilages, suturing techniques, and grafts when needed.  

Growing Nose at Age 30

+1

A normal nose will not grow at age 30; if the nose is truly changing in size, there is some disease process that must be diagnosed and treated. A "nose job" is generally a cosmetic operation.   

Nasal growth at 30?

+1

Peceived nasal growth at age 30 may be due to rhinophyma of other skin maladies. You should see a dermatologist or palstic surgeon to be evaluated.

Persisitently enlarging nose

+1

You should first have this evaluated by a dermatologist or ENT MD to rule out the possiblity of a tumor or rhinophyma condition.

Nose Growth at the age of 30

+1

Hi,

Unless you are developing a rhinophyma or a tumor, there shouldn't be any nose growth at your age. It is possible that you are loosing elasticity in your nose which can make your nose droop and appear to be growing. If you have a severe hormone imbalance, such as excessive growth hormone, then its possible your nose is growing.

Most likely, your unhappy with your bulbous tip and want to make it smaller, which is an indication for a rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose growth at 30

+1

In all likelihood the nose itself is not growing. More likely is that the skin overlying the nose may be changing. There is also a small but real layer of fat in the tip of the nose. With weight gain and loss, subtle but noticeable changes in nasal tip volume may be seen. Finally, dermatologic conditions, like Rosacea, can cause changes to the the skin which alter nasal appearance.

While Rhinoplasty may help to resculpt the undelrying cartilage, if a skin problem is present, you may not see the results you desire. Probably is best to have a consultation with a nasal surgery specialist and get an opinion before thinking about a fix.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Help Nose Growing at Age 30?

+1

Hi Balt,

Other than when Pinochhio was not telling the truth, I have never heard of a nose that continues to grow at age 30.  Certainly a rhinoplasty can result in a smaller nose, but you will have to take the responsibility of not fibbing.  Good luck and be well.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD