Tip of Nose Curves but Clicks Back into Place When I Press

The tip of my nose curves slightly to my right, I feel a little bump on that side and when i press against it clicks back into place and straightens out..once I let go it goes back to being crooked. I may have injured this at some point playing hockey but don't recall when, any ideas to what it could be? Could it be the cartilage is out of place? Does this require surgery to fix and can it be fixed? Thank you

Clicking of Nasal tip

+2

Hi,

You may have fractured the caudal septum from the spine of your nose. If you have no breathing problems or cosmetic deformity, you can probably live with it. However, if it really bothers you, then you can have the septum reattached to the spine of your nose.

Dr.S.

Deviated Nasal Tip

+2

Sounds like you have a deviated caudal septum, which may have been developmental or traumatic.

Caudal septoplasty can often help to medialize a deviated tip. However, depending on how much deviation there is, a tip-plasty might be necessary for full correction.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip of Nose Curves and Clicks

+1

Others have mentioned that you may have a problem with your septum; the problem could also be secondary  to a deviation and interruption of the right tip cartilage. Either way, a minor revision will probably be necessary.

Nose Alignment

+1

Sounds as if this is an issue with your septal cartilage. Might have buckled after an injury and healed abnormally. I recommend that you see a board certified Surgeon with a specific interest in Rhinoplasty or nose surgery. He or she will be able to examine you in the office and make a diagnosis for you...they my need to obtain a diagnostic CT scan as well to assess the entire septum and/or perform an endoscopy to full evaluate the nose. This exam and diagnosis will help with the decision of whether to operate to correct or not...my initial sense is that YES you will need surgery if this bothers you and obstructs your breathing.

Good luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD

+1

As ALL the previous expert posters have stated and I agree Seek opinions and than surgery to correct these issues. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091. 

Clicking nose

+1

A clicking nose may be from a septal fracture. It is difficult to say without an exam so check with your doctor.

Tip of Nose Crooked From Septum

+1

Hi Burn,

It "sounds" as if the clicking noise is coming from your nasal cartilaginous septum.  It can be fixed by septoplasty if it bothers you or if you have difficulty breathing through your nose.  Consult with an experienced nasal surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P 

Michael A. Persky, MD