Drooping Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty?

I've had my first rhinoplasty (and I hoped the last one) more than 2 months ago. During the first 6 weeks my nose was shaped perfectly but since then the tip has moved downwards a bit. I know that upturned tips are most likely to be repositioned after all the swelling is gone but I assume droopy tips will never go up again? Or is it too early to judge it? Thanks a lot for your time and information

Droopy Tip

+2

Hi,

It sound like the tip went droopy after the nose swelling went down. At 2 months I doubt the tip will turn up again. However you may want to wait at least 6 months before making any judgments.

Dr.S.

Drooping nose after surgery

+2

Usually the nose drops somewhat after surgery however I suggest waiting until 6-12 months have passed to make an evaluation. I have had to revise a small number of my cases over the past 40 years as they dropped with time.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Nasal Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

You are correct - 2 months after surgery it is too soon to judge your nose and your droopy tip will not go up again. Wait 8-10 months to decide if you want to have a revision; your nose will change, hopefully for the better.

Drooping nasal tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Two months is too early to evaluate the final tip size and shape, especially with open technique which usually results in more swelling than closed rhinoplasty.  Speak with your surgeon about the emerging "droopy tip."  Sometimes, if the problem persists, an injectable can easily improve the situation.

Steve Laverson, MD

A droopy nasal tip after nose job

+1

Yes your are correct. Droopy tips generally do not rise up. However, when there is significant supratip edema, this can create the illusion of a droopy tip. As the swelling or scarring resolves, it may appear that the tip rotates upwards.

Rhinoplasty Drooping Tip

+1

Hi W_DC,

Hopefully you did have your first and last rhinoplasty 2 months ago.  Your nose will change over years.  In some cases as the swelling and scar tissue resolve, the tip can be retracted a bit, lifting the tip.  If you are unhappy with your nasal appearance one year post surgery, then you may begin to consider possible revision surgery.  I hope that your nose settles just right.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Droopy tip after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should wait at least 6-12 months before any revision. You are correct in that the tip will not go up more with time, but the nose may change over time. If you have a revision, lifting the tip should be minor.