Nose Bump 3 Months After (Closed) Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Dear Doctors, I had a (closed) rhinoplasty 3 months ago, on 8th of September. The healings process was really good, and I was really satisfied with the results of my surgery. The problem is that 1 week ago I discovered I have a small bump on my nose, its not really firm as I can press it and then it looks better. I am really concerned, I heard it might dissolve with time or it can be a bone issue, which leads to revision. Can massage help? Is it permanent? I am really scared. Best regards

Nose Bump 3 Months After (Closed) Rhinoplasty?

+1

I see the slight irregularity in the dorsum. Best to be seen by your surgeon ASAP. Very hard to diagnose over the internet but might just be swelling. Happy New Year. 

Small Bump 3 months out from Rhinoplasty

+1

If the bump just appeared it is unlikely to be the result of inadequate resection of the hump. It may just be swelling.  Wait at least a year to determine if correction is necessary.  You do not want to overresect the dorsum.

Bump on nose three months after rhinoplasty

+1

Frist, cool out.  Don't obsess and remember , you will not see the ultimate result for another three to six months.  It may resolve, and then you have fretted for nothing.  It may be a slight boney issue which is easily correctable with a MINOR procedure.  CHILL

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Concern about a soft bump on nose three and a half months following a rhinoplasty

+1

Given your history and the photos that you provided, it is not unlikely that this very small bump represents some soft tissue swelling that may resolve over time. What you should do is contact your surgeon and discuss this recent finding with him/her. He/she may want to re-examine you or just make a recommendation that could involve some careful compressions or just leaving it alone.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Lump after rhinoplasty

+1

At three months it is stil early. If it goes away with pressure, it may be swelling ans scar tissue. Some irregularities palpable under the skin is normal.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months

+1

Hi.

Your profile looks quite good.  You will know for sure about swelling in a few weeks, but a tiny imperfection is totally OK.

Soft bump after rhinoplasty

+1
If you can press the lump down is is likely scar tissue. I am not fond of steroids. However, after three months it is worth a consideration to speed the resolution of the lump. Massage can help as well so don't give up.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Scar tissue formation after rhinoplasty

+1

The small "bump" you are seeing and feeling is likely some scar tissue.  Follow up with your surgeon and he/she may recommend a few things to improve the appearance of it, including injecting kenalog or 5-fluourouracil into it.  With conservative measures it should improve, without necessitating revision.