Extreme Weight Loss in Face my Nose Looks Bigger. Would I Benefit from Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My nose used to be proportionate to my face until I lost weight on my cheeks etc and I would like advice as to whether I should get it straightened and also made smaller etc. Thanks

Goals of a Rhinoplasty

+1

I think when you lost weight that your face became more refined and now you want your nose to match it.  From what I can see, your nose seems a little overprotected ptotic and slightly too wide for your face.  This would require a full rhinoplasty, but the results should beautifully enhance the other really nice features of your face (eyes, cheeks, chin, etc...)  Make sure you have computer imaging prior to your procedure to make sure that both you and your surgeon are able to visualize the final result. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve removal of the dorsal hump which is mostly cartilaginous, refining and narrowing the tip, preventing the tip from drooping down upon smiling, and then narrowing the bridge line slightly with osteotomies.  The osteotomies would also straighten the nasal bones as well and make the entire nose more narrow.  This is done as an outpatient procedure under a brief general anesthesia.

Ideal candidate

+1

it appears from your photo that you are an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty - be thorough , get a good consultation , and proceed

i use computer imaging for all my consultations, and it really makes a difference in choosing the right nose for you

David V. Martini, MD
Elkton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty After Weight Loss

+1

Rhinoplasty may be exactly what you may be seeking.  Do the procedure for you.  Do not let yourself get talked into it.  If you do not like aspects of your nose, rhinoplasty could help.

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+1

Hi.

Just going by your picture, I would suggest a rhinoplasty.  The nose can be refined, straightened, and made more proportional to your face.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty

+1

The choice to undergo rhinoplasty is yours. If you are considering this option, then I suggest you go for a consultation to be properly evaluated. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for Improved facial balance. facial appearance.

+1

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for Improved facial balance. facial appearance will make a great improvement in your appearance--you have great cheeks and eyes. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Extreme Weight Loss in Face my Nose Looks Bigger. Would I Benefit from Rhinoplasty

+1

Your face is long, I do not know how tall you are. To correct the nose, will works at the nose, do not treat the face.

If you want to correct the nose, consult a plastic surgeon, and ask about your chin too. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear minazzi,

• You are a very pretty young woman and it is common to lose the fat in the cheeks and then make the nose look bigger
  • You can either opt for a rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the nose and straighten it, and/or use filler to add volume to the face
  • I think it would look fantastic if the tip was more refined, a little lifted and the overall size reduced
  • When you are ready, see a couple of rhinoplasty surgeons to get an idea of what is possible

Best regards, 

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD