Is It Normal for One Implant to Move More Freely Than the Other? (photo)

I had my ba done on 4/19/12 im 7wks post op today. My left breast does not move as much as the right, its still a litte higher, and seem's to be a little bigger although it is pretty soft just a little firmer . My right seem's to have droped in to place its very soft and move's very easely. Should my left breast be like the right at 7weeks or is is still normal at this stage for them to be somewhat off? Im scared im at early stages of cc.

I doubt that you have a capsular contraction and 7 weeks

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. At 7 weeks you appear to have a very nice result after your breast augmentation. The implants have not yet reached their final position and have not fully dropped. It would be normal for the tissues to feel somewhat firm and this can occur asymmetrically.

However please see your plastic surgeon and express your concerns so he or she can put her mind at ease.

Breast Implant Surgery

+1
Totally normal, remember the pec muscles are not evenly strong because we each have a dominant side which means everything will happen asymettrically when they are healing

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Implants Settle At Different Pace

+1

Thank you for posting good photos.

It is common that your implants settle at different pace. You will need to be a little more patient as the final results will be normally reached at about 6-8 months post surgery.

Since every patient is different, it is important that you do follow your surgeon's post-op instructions and exercises as they will help achieve the best results you can have.

Thank you for you inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Is It Normal for One Implant to Move More Freely Than the Other? (

+1

Thanks for the posted photos, very nicely done. In general the result appears very good. But the degree of slight asymmetry noted needs in person evaluation. For now I would observe the situation for 3 to 6 more months. 

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation Normal?

+1

Yes, some degree of breast asymmetry is quite common after breast augmentation surgery. I think you have made the correct diagnosis in that one breast implant has been slower to “settle” than the other. Of course, encapsulation (cc) is a clinical diagnosis that must be made on physical examination.   Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you.

One implant moves more than the other

+1

It is not uncommon after breast augmentation to have one implant settles before the other. You are only seven week out of surgery and the implants still has more time to settle. You need to follow the post operative instructions very carefully and contact your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD