Is miraDry Safe While I'm Still Breastfeeding?

I would like to get this done, but plan to breastfeed my baby. Would it cause any problems while I'm breastfeeding?

MiraDry and Breastfeeding

+2

I do not recommend miraDry during breastfeeding and as a matter of fact, you should not get any procedures while breastfeeding unless they are life threatening.

Web reference: http://www.EliminateSweating.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

No, it is not safe.

+2

No, being that we will be injecting lidocaine into the area and it would not be safe for the baby.

Do not receive miraDry treatment while breast-feeding

+2

One should not receive miraDry treatment while breast-feeding as lidocaine is injected into the underarm area prior to treatment and could potentially cross into the breast milk.  However, as soon as you stop breast-feeding, it is safe to do.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry should not affect future breastfeeding

+1

It sounds like you are wondering whether women who plan to breastfeed in the future can be miraDry.  miraDry will not affect your ability to breastfeed in the future.  

However, if you are currently breastfeeding, I would recommend that you wait until you have stopped breastfeeding.  This is an elective procedure and can be scheduled at your convenience.

Houston Dermatologist

Yes if you stop for 24 hrs

+1

Miradry treatment requires local anesthesia to be have tolerable level of pain control. Lidocaine  is the agent of choice and it is gone from the body within several hours. To be  safe stop breast feeding for 24 hrs. It is a time proven and reasonable rule used for any procedures under local anesthesia

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.