What Should I Expect Immediately After Doing miraDry? Ok to Go Back to Work?

Would it be best if I scheduled the rest of the day off, or should I be ok to go right back to work after?

Swelling, soreness and bruising are common post miraDry

Most patients experience swelling, soreness and bruising post-procedure.  However, those side effects should be manageable with the use of ice packs & ibuprofen.  You should be able to return to work, provided it’s not vigorous exercising.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

1301 20th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Downtime for MiraDry

Hi and thank you for your question! We recommend our patients not have to return to work the same day as miraDry, mainly because it can be sore and swollen and we want the patient to keep ice on the area regularly for the first 24-48 hours. If you're ok with those factors, then there is no contraindication to you going to work.
MiraDry eliminates sweat and odor glands and it has just received an indication for hair removal. It removes hair of all colors! Call our office for further questions!
Thank you!

Grant Stevens, MD

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

What to Expect after miraDry treatments

After the local anesthetic , you will likely experience a degree of discomfort, swelling and some bruising. Patients that work as hair stylists and nurses  have been known to take the next day off !

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Miradry in Los Angeles

Some patients may return to work, although the swelling may be a bit uncomfortable. We advise you to return to work at least one day after Miradry. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Do it on a Friday afternoon!

Best to take the day off, if you are a weekday worker- my advice, take the last slot on a Friday afternoon. Then you will right to work on monday. I think miraDry company (miraLabs) downplays the downtime, if you are say on a higher treatment level, you may experience soreness and definitely swelling for 48-72 plus hours. 

All my miraDry patients are scheduled for either a Friday afternoon or a Sat am. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and cosmetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

185 Moggill Road
Brisbane, QLD 4068

What to expect after miraDry treatment

After miraDry most patients return immediately to their normal activities including work and exercise. Most patients have a good bit of swelling - almost like lumpiness - under the arms that you will feel and can be a bit uncomfortable but typically does not keep you from any activities. There is also at least a little bit of bruising in the treatment area only. We consider it a treatment with zero downtime as these side effects are short lived - 4-10 days - and do not keep you from the things you want and need to do.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

130 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28207

Expectations after miraDry

MiraDry is associated with minimal to no downtime and patients may resume their normal activities on the same day of treatment.  Expected treatment side effects may include swelling and bruising.  A few, rare cases of temporary altered sensation have been reported, with all instances of altered sensation resolving on their own.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

175 I.U. Willets Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11507

MiraDry and return to work within 24 hours

Most patients return to work the following day. I had a radiologist as a patient who went to work right after having the procedure as he used a microphone to dictate radiology reports for 8 hours. I have had an insurance broker who went to work right after. Most patients chooes to return to wor the following day. Take several days off if you are a police officer or fire fighter in order to ensure that you can do your job safely. There is some bruising but lumpiness of the skin which dissipates and is effectively treated with a non steroidal anti inflammatory like ibuprofen and also topical hydrocortisone creme.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

MiraDry results in mild swelling and moderate discomfort for 2-3 days

After the numbing medication wears off from the 1-hour in-office miraDry procedure, you will notice mild to moderate swelling and discomfort.  This should not prevent you from sitting at your desk or going about your activities of daily living.  It may take several days before you are able to resume vigorous exercise.  Taking ibuprofen and icing the area for at least 24 hours can help to reduce the downtime.  

Melissa Chiang, MD, FAAD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Yes you can return!

Most patients go to work afterward. The area can be slightly sore for one to three days and some swelling can be expected. However, this should not preclude normal activities.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

328 East 75th Street
New York, NY 10021