How Many Treatments is Required with miraDry to Stop Sweating?

2 miraDry treatments required to stop sweating

+4

Two treatments spaced at approximately 3 months apart are required.  Although very uncommon, occasionally a third treatment may be necessary. 

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Two sessions are recommended

+3

I have discovered that patients improve on the order 40-50% with the first treatment with miradry and 80-90% with the second treatment.  I generally recommend two sessions spaced three months apart.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Treatment of underarm sweating and axillary hyperhidrosis with Miradry and Retrograde Suction Curettage

+2

MiraDry is a new technique that is useful for underarm and axillary hyperhidrosis.  I have used the Retrograde Suction Curettage treatment for the same condition for many years and have found it useful for even the most resistant cases.  MiraDry will require one to two treatments whereas the Retrograde Suction Curettage may only need one definitive procedure.  Both procedures are effective treatments for underarm sweating. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

2, in some cases 3

+1
Most (95%) of patients will require two treatments, spaced 3 months apart for optimal outcomes. Sometimes (5%) of cases will require a third treatment. This is the exception with miraDry rather than the rule. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

2 treatments are recommended

+1

2 tratments are recommended (2nd one after at least 3 months) However some patients are happy after just one treatment

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

2 miraDry treatments is recommended for optimal resulst

+1

For optimal results, we recommend two miraDry treatments spaced 3 months apart.  Although you will likely achieve a 40-50% reduction in sweating after one treatment, two treatments are necessary to obtain a sweat reduction as high as 86% in most patients.  The miraDry procedure utilizes microwave technology to selectively target and eliminate sweat glands in the armpits by focusing electromagnetic waves at a specific level in the body where sweat glands are located.  Studies demonstrate that results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate.  Patients may initially note an increased reduction in sweating after the first treatment that gradually wears off because while approximately 40-50% of the sweat glands are gone, some may be temporarily stunted.  That is why it is advisable to have the second treatment for optimal results and full eradication of sweat glands. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry treatments

+1

miraDry treatments - 1 or 2 depending on the level of treatment and in my experience, one in 150 patients may need a third treatment. A thrid treatment is necessary in patients who seek complete dryness.

Level 5 treatments are most effective and are very safe to administer.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

MiraDry - optimal results with 2 treatments

+1

You will notice a reduction in sweating after the first treatment.  However, it takes two treatments to get optimal results (on average, > 80% reduction, with some patients achieving > 90% reduction).

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist