Swelling Worse in the Evening?

I am almost 3 weeks post op. Why is my swelling and discomfort worse during evening hours? I am feeling my best in the morning and rest every afternoon. By 6pm I start feeling more swollen and hard. Eases by morning. What gives?

Hello

+2

If you’re doing too much that can be the cause of your feeling worst at night. Try not to do too much during the day rest put your legs up. It takes 6- 9 months for you to start to feel normal again and at 3 weeks you are too soon after surgery to be doing too much anyway, takes it easy.

Fluid accumulates during the day

+2
When you are active, sweling increases. We all have this during the daytime. People who stand on their feet all day are known to have swollen ankles. When you lie down at night, the fluid is mobilized. Try not to overdo.

Swelling after Liposuction

+2

What you are seeing is normal. After body surgery -

• Swelling increases with activity and standing - fluid accumulates in the lower body and surgical area.
  • Swelling decreases with rest and with lying down - the fluid leaves the lower body and legs.
  • In the face, it's the reverse - after face surgery, swelling is worse in the morning but less at the end of the day.

Swelling after surgery and shifting during day and night is natural after healing. It will gradually disappear - most is gone in 6 weeks, a small amount remains for 6 months, occasionally longer.

Hope this helps!

Swelling after surgery

+1

This is normal and probably will continue for at least several months. Usually it is worse if you are more active during the day and less if you are less active. If it seems excessive to you, you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon