How Long Should I Wait to Have Zeltiq After Having a (C-Section) Baby?

Interested in Zeltiq for my lower abdomen. However recently gave birth. How long should I wait to have Zeltiq / CoolSculpting after having a (C-Section) baby?

C-section and CoolSculpting

+2

The scar from your surgery matures and becomes stronger over more than a year from surgery. Before this time it would be ready for Zeltiq CoolSculpting but you should check with your surgeon to be sure that there were no complications from the C-section. Usually waiting six months should be a safe period unless there are features of the scar that are worrisome to you or your doctor.  Some patients might be able to have it done sooner.

Post Partum and Zeltiq

+2

Your body goes through many changes post partum.  It is important that you wait at least 4 to 6 months before having Zeltiq ot any other cosmetic treatments. 

Ariel Ostad, MD

Coolsculpting post pregnancy

+1
Generally, patients should wait 6 months post pregnancy or breast feeding (if you breast feed). Consult with a board certified physician to weigh a surgical option versus coolsculpting in order the best treatment option for you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting after C-section

+1

Ideally, after a c-section, you allow your body to heal and lose your baby weight prior to considering any procedure (average 4-6 months).  Coolsculpting works best when you are close to your ideal weight.

Best Wishes!

Coolsculpting after C section

+1

There is a relative contraindication for coolsculpting and history of surgery in area of potential coolsculpting. Thus, I would wait at least 6 months and discuss your case and be evaluated with a Coolsculpting physician. YOu may or may not be a candidate.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon