How Long Should I Wait to Have Zeltiq After Having a (C-Section) Baby?

Interested in Zeltiq for my lower abdomen. However recently gave birth. How long should I wait to have Zeltiq / CoolSculpting after having a (C-Section) baby?

C-section and CoolSculpting

+2

The scar from your surgery matures and becomes stronger over more than a year from surgery. Before this time it would be ready for Zeltiq CoolSculpting but you should check with your surgeon to be sure that there were no complications from the C-section. Usually waiting six months should be a safe period unless there are features of the scar that are worrisome to you or your doctor.  Some patients might be able to have it done sooner.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Post Partum and Zeltiq

+2

Your body goes through many changes post partum.  It is important that you wait at least 4 to 6 months before having Zeltiq ot any other cosmetic treatments. 

CoolSculpting after C-section

+1

Ideally, after a c-section, you allow your body to heal and lose your baby weight prior to considering any procedure (average 4-6 months).  Coolsculpting works best when you are close to your ideal weight.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Coolsculpting after C section

+1

There is a relative contraindication for coolsculpting and history of surgery in area of potential coolsculpting. Thus, I would wait at least 6 months and discuss your case and be evaluated with a Coolsculpting physician. YOu may or may not be a candidate.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon