Will Coolsculpting Work if You Have Scar Tissue in Your Stomach from Surgery?

I have had 3 myomectomies and 1 hysterectomy via a vertical incision in the stomach. I think I have scar tissue so I'm not sure whether or not I would be a good candidate for cool sculpting.

Coolsculpting With Scar Tissue

+1

Dear Frenchy,

Upon evaluation of your scar by the physician/surgeon who will be administering the Zeltiq (cool sculpting) treatment, you will find out if you have healed enough to be eligible for the treatment.

Usually, it takes 6-9 months post abdominal surgery to accomplish an almost-full recovery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Zeltiq Coolsculpting and scars

+1

After any kind of surgery with or without scars, Zeltiq can be performed after 6 months.  The surgically treated area has to heal enough to withstand the procedure.  The surgeries and scars do not prevent you from undergoing Zeltiq.  There may be some treatment options available for the scars as well. 

Houston Dermatologist

Coolsculpting and history of prior surgery

+1

Coolsculpting patients with history of prior surgery need an evaluation with their Coolsculpting physician. There is a relative contraindication for abdominal surgery and scars and Coolsculpting. That just means that it needs to be evaluated and discussed to determine if your surgery history and location precludes you from this procedure. Many people with history of surgery have had Coolsculpting done after evaluation without any complication but this decision is made by the surgeon and patient and on a case by case basis.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Considering Cool Sculpting if you have scars

+1

Coolsculpting can be done in the area of any scars only after at least 6 months old.  Scars go through a healing ridge period and takes up to six months to fully heal.  It is important that you check with your surgeon prior to having any procedure depending on the extent of you procedure. 

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can be done if you have a surgical scar

+1

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can be done if you have a surgical scar in the area to be treated. However, it is very important that the scar be mature. This means that the surgery that created the scar took place at least six months prior to the CoolSculpting procedure.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Zeltiq for fat reduction

+1

The Zeltiq CoolSculpting should not cause a problem if you have healed strongly and it is long enough for the scars from the surgeries to have healed as per your surgeon.  The chilling will not affect the depth of the muscle but the suction could put tension on the scar and recent surgeries should be given enough time to heal to have a strong scar before that area is treated.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html