Is Abdominal Swelling Normal After CoolSculpting?

I had Cool Sculpting done three days ago...the large device on my lower abdomen and small one on upper abdomen. My abdomen is noticibly swollen. I have actually gained about 1.5 lbs even tho I am eating less and healthier. Is this temporary water gain from swelling normal?

Post Coolsculpting swelling

+3

It is not uncommon to have swelling after Coolsculpting. I would suggest that you wait 2-3 weeks and typically this resolves otherwise discuss with your physician.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Zeltiq CoolSculpting is normal

+3

Although it is considered to have minimal down time, Zeltiq CoolSculpting chills the fat and causes the fat cells to die. This creates inflammation which helps the body get rid of fat cells. Swelling and bruising can occur. It may last for a few weeks and improves on its own.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Side effects of Coolsculpting on abdomen

+2

Swelling is completely normal, especially when you are treated in the abdominal area. Swelling may last as long as two weeks. The majority of the swelling and sensitivity will be during the first week. By the end of the second week you will begin to feel less bloated. You may continue to be sensitive, sore and numb for an additional 2-3 weeks. By week six you will begin to notice a reduction in volume. Remember to drink water and stay active to allow for proper lymphatic drainage.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Zeltiq

+2

Greetings~

It is definitely not unusual to have swelling after Zeltiq.  Swelling can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.  Some patients may also have bruising and tenderness in the treated areas, some numbness, tingling, pins and needles-like sensation...these are all quite normal. If you feel the swelling is excessive or it persists more than a few weeks, follow up with the office that treated you so they can advise you. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Swelling after CoolSculpting can happen, and resolves in hours to days.

+2

Swelling after CoolSculpting can happen, and resolves in hours to days. Your swelling should probably resolve in the next few days to one to two weeks. Tenderness, if present, may last a few weeks maximum, but typically goes away after a few days. Not every patient will develop these symptoms but, if they do, they are always transient. I recommend to my patients to take ibuprofen 400 mg by mouth two to three times a day for several days until the discomfort and swelling get better.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after CoolSculpting

+2

Swelling after the CoolSculpting procedure is absolutely normal and may last several weeks after treatment.

Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon

Abdominal Swelling Following CoolSculpting Can Last 2-3 Weeks

+1

It’s not unusual for patients who undergo coolsculpting to have swelling immediately after the procedure. This swelling typically lasts for 2-3 weeks and can easily explain your weight gain following the procedure.

In addition to swelling, patients often complain of numbness, tingling sensations, dull achy pains, bruising, cramping and tenderness. These symptoms also rapidly resolve within 2-3 weeks. Occasionally, resolution of these symptoms can be accelerated by massage and exercise.

If you have anxiety about these symptoms, don’t be afraid to discuss them with your surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to reassure you and make this a more comfortable experience. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Is swelling normal after the procedure?

+1
Most patients experience transient skin changes at the treatment site after the procedure. When the applicator is removed, the tissue appears red and raised, and feels cold and firm. Transient mild bruising may occur around the edges of the site. These changes begin to resolve within a few minutes of the procedure. Mild bruising, and/or minor swelling may arise in the days following the procedure but typically resolve within a week. Occasionally, a patient may have an atypical skin reaction. For example, bruising or swelling may take longer to resolve or the site may become red, warm and tender. These atypical reactions may be due to individual characteristics that make the patient more sensitive to the procedure.

Web reference: http://freezethefatdfw.com

Coolsculpting and abdominal swelling

+1

Swelling can be normal following CoolSculpting. However if you do not experience swelling, that does not mean your treatment was not effective.

Find the most experienced CoolSculpting medical facility inn your area. This information can be found on the CoolSculpting site. As the top provider of CoolSculpting in our area, my Raleigh, NC practice is able to offer a free treatment with an instant rebate when also getting a full priced treatment at the same time.

Additionally, we perform a CoolSculpting protocol we call CoolSculting Complete. This includes standing on a vibrational plate in order to enhance lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system is necessary to clear the frozen fat from the body after a treatment. believe this has significantly improved the results we have seen in our patients

Web reference: http://www.bluewaterspa.com/images/cool.gif

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After CoolSculpting

+1

The CoolSculpt applicator sucks in your skin and fat and selectively freezes the fat in the treatment area. This can cause trauma to the area. Some side effects are tenderness, bruising, swelling, sensitivity, and numbness. All of these symptoms are usually temporary. If they persist beyond a few weeks, you should see your doctor.