Work Out, Gym Classes, Yoga or Swimming After Zeltiq Coolsculpting?

Hi, I am going to have a Zeltiq session on my lower abdomen this week - I already have a reservation. But, my boyfriend wants to go to the beach this weekend. Will it be okay or possible to swim after having zeltiq done? I also have gym classes that I normally attend where I have to do some active movements, abs or streches. Will I be able to attend these classes as usual? Thank you so much!!!!

You can resume activity immediately following CoolSculpting

+3

Since CoolSculpting is a non-invasive method for fat reduction most patients can return to their normal workout schedules immediately.  I have had the procedure done twice on myself and both times went to the gym immediately following the procedure. I have had some patients, especially with treatment on the abdomen have bloating and swelling for 1-2 weeks after the procedure and there is some transient redness and possible bruising. There is absolutely no contraindication to swimming or going to the beach after the procedure. Best of luck!

Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon

Working out, swimming after Zeltiq CoolSculpting

+2

Most people run back to the gym very soon, even the next day for some, after Zeltiq.  The CoolSculpting technique is non-invasive, but can cause some tenderness as it freezes the fat in the area.  You should be aware though, that there is suction that can cause bruising so it may make you feel self-conscious about wearing a bathing suit! The brusiing may last a few days or longer. It is temporary but that may make you change your mind about doing it right before the vacation, if the bruising, should it occur, ruin your time.

Ronald Shelton, MD

How will I Feel after Zeltiq CoolSculpting?

+2

Zeltiq CoolSculpting is a very easy procedure for patients to go through.  After completing the treatments patients are back to their normal routine immediately.  Several days after their treatment it is normal to feel some tingling, slight sensitivity, and or numbness afterwards but these are generally minor in nature.  It is unusual for patients to experience any significant discomfort.  It is possible that even if you were in the small minority of patients who experience the more symptoms the problem is short lived and will resolve spontaneously.  I wouldn't be too worried about problems. 

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Zeltiq recovery is easy

+2

There should be no restrictions on your activity immediately after a Zeltiq treatment - this is the great thing about the procedure. You may find that the treatment area is a little red and numb for a day or two, but this subsides.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting and swimming

+1
Absolutely.  The only issue will be if you develop any bruising.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

You can resume normal activity immediately after Zeltiq

+1
One of the benefits of Zeltiq is that you can resume all of your normal activities immediately afterwards. If you are used to exercising then Zeltiq is best for you since you are an ideal candidate being physically fit. You may have some temporary bruising from he applicator but you can exercise right away. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Activity after CoolSculpting

+1

Thank you for your question.  One of the best things about the CoolSculpting procedure is that there is "no down time" and so patients can get a treatment and go work out later that day if they want.  I am sure you have been told that there may be bruising / swelling that may be seen if you are wearing a bikini.  Otherwise, you can do whatever you would like.

Best Wishes!

You may exercise after Zeltiq

+1

You may exercise following Zeltiq, although stretching may be a bit uncomfortable. Swimming is not a problem.  Most patients resume all normal activities after Zeltiq.

Patrick McElgunn, MD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Physical Activity After Zeltiq

+1

Hi,

It is great you asked this question!  We tell all our patients that they can resume normal activity immediately after a treatment.  In fact, during our training session, one of the physicians went straight to a spin class after and a PA went to a bootcamp class!  The only think you may notice is some mild soreness and tenderness but it certainly is not enough for you to cancel your workout routine.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Activity after Zeltiq

+1

Greetings~

After having Zeltiq treatment on the lower abdomen you may experience some bruising, which, depending on your bathing suit, may not be the ideal for a day at the beach.  Patients can experience some soreness and tingling after the procedure but most do not find that it limits their activities or ability to work out following treatment.  Regardless of potential soreness, it is in no way harmful for you to swim or exercise after treatment.  Exercise and movement, which can increase circulation, may actually help the body to eliminate the treated fat cells more quickly and efficiently.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD