Can Zeltiq (Cool Sculpting) Affect my Period? Bad Side Effects?

I had Zeltiq done on my lower abdomen a week before my period was due. The week due of arrival came and went and I never got my period. I am 15 days late and I am not pregnant as I have tested negative 5 times. I am scared the device may have damaged my ovaries!!! I can't find info anywhere related to side effects alike.

Zeltiq's effect on periods

+2

Greetings~

Zeltiq Coolsculpting really addresses and involves treatment of the fat in a given area.  The freezing is limited to the tissue/fat  that is sucked in to the handpiece/vacuum chamber, not the underlying muscle tissue or organs.  Your ovaries and uterus should be completely unaffected by treatment.  It is always good to follow up with the office that treated you and if you have concerns about your missed periods and if the situation has not resolved follow up with your primary care physician or OB/GYN.

Good luck

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Cool Sculpting Does Not Affect Menstrual Cycle

+1

Hi,

The Zeltiq (cool sculpting) freezes the fat cells (cryoplipolysis) without affecting other tissues; the fat in the adipocytes (fat cells) will freeze at a controlled temperature inducing cellular apopotisis (programmed cell death) hence a permanent solution.

With that perspective, I do not believe that the cool sculpting treatment did have a certain effect over you missing your period.

I recommend that you communicate with your OB/GYN who will physically examine you to find the cause behind you missing your period.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

CoolSculpting has not been shown to risk any damage to internal organs such as ovaries

+1

The CoolSculpting device draws in the fat and subcutaneous fat, only, not organs, into the applicator. The freezing is focused into the subcutaneous fat and does not spread deeper into the organs.  There are many reasons for the menstrual cycle to become irreugular and you should schedule an appointment with your gynecologist if it persists.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Coolsculpting and missed period

+1

Thank you for your question.  CoolSculpting procedure should not have any effect on  your menstrual cycle or your ovaries.  The technology allows the fat cells to freeze without harming the overlying skin or underlying organs.  Please follow up with your OBGYN and/or your treating physician regarding your late menstrual cycle.  I hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Coolsculpting and menstruation

+1

Coolsculpting should have no effect on menstruation cycle. If you are having irregular periods you should discuss with your gynecologist.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq effect on periods

+1

The safety of the Zeltiq CoolSculpting procedure is based on the principle that fat freezes at higher temperatures than the surrounding tissue. This allows us to freeze the fat without damaging the other tissues within the treatment area. The Zeltiq device carefully controls the cooling process so that the temperatures achieved are not below the freezing point of fat, sparing the other tissues. In addition, since the ovaries are not inside treatment applicator it would be hard to imagine any negative affects on this or any other internal organ. Hopefully, this will help you feel more comfortable about your recent CoolSculpting procedure.

Long Island Dermatologist