How long does it usually take for the legs to heal after scleotherapy?

I know you can get bruising and darkening of the veins for a while. I was just wondering how long roughly until I'd be able to wear a skirt again after having it done? Is it two weeks or more like six weeks?

Sclerotherapy and stockings

+1
Dr Goldman is a guru and has written the seminal textbook about sclerotherapy and given the fact that he practices in a warm climate, I think that 1 week of high grade compression is all that most people will tolerate in Florida, California and Texas. 

In colder climates, especially in winter months, we recommend stockings for 3 months and we have found that patients have great cosmetic outcomes with prolonged compression. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Healing After Sclerotherapy

+1
For some patients, healing will continue to improve up to 8 weeks after the Sclerotherapy procedure. Total healing time depends on the type and size of veins that were treated. 

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Healing After Sclerotherapy

+1

As a sclerotherapy expert, I generally advise my patients to wear a compression stocking 24 hours a day for one week and then a lighter weight compression stocking during the day for another2-3 weeks after sclerotherapy. There really is no downtime after the procedure, and it is good to walk after treatment, just avoid strenuous activity for a few days. Without seeing the size and types of veins that you have, it is impossible to predict when your legs will look better. In general it takes 1-2 months to see an improvement and up to 6 months for the full effects to be seen.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Varies.

+1

Following sclerotherapy there may be some associated bruising and bluish to reddish discoloration of the treated veins. An average amount of time for bruising is about 10 days but this will vary between people from no bruising to 3 to 4 weeks to resolve. Compression stockings post treatment will help to keep the bruising to a minimum.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon