Is redness after spider vein removal on the face with a Yag laser normal?

It's been 3 days since getting a spider vein treatment on my face. I have some red blotches now that are showing. The are not scabs or blisters, but look very ugly. How do I get rid of them? Did the laserist screw up or is this normal? How long should I wait to see if they go away before I panic?

Normal

+1

This will get better with time. Wear sunscreen a makeup to hide it until it fades . There is a new cream which is prescription called Mirvaso, which may help.call your doctor- she may samples on the office.

Redness after Spider Veins

+1

Hello. If the red blotches have shown up only now 3 days after treatment they very well may be unrelated. If something like a blister or other side effect was going to occur, you would most likely see it immediately after treatment.

Pictures would help here but in the absence of pictures, go back to your practitioner for an evaluation.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Normal

+1

Following laser treatment of facial spider veins with a laser, the treated area tends to look worse before looking better. A laser works by light activation heating a treated area. This can and frequently results in redness which may last up to 2 weeks. For now give it more time and it should resolve. A topical ointment to the area such as aloe will help. Avoid sun exposure until this is will healed and, in fact, as much as possible since sun damage can cause spider veins. Always use as least a 30 sunscreen.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon