Where is the placement of incisions/sutures when having lipo on inner and outer thighs, abdomen and fat grafting to Buttock?

Where is the placement of incisions/sutures when having lipo on inner and outer thighs, abdomen and fat grafting to sides of buttocks

Thigh Liposuction Incisions are tiny and none needed for Buttock Fat transfer for most

+1

Liposuction incisions are typically placed in the groin crease for the inside of the thighs (medial thighs), in the bikini line for the lateral thighs, or at the gluteal, buttock, crease. Typically I only use a needle opening of the skin that does not require suturing for fat transfer for buttock augmentation.

Incisions for liposuction

+1

I try and use the fewest incisions that I can. I sometimes can do those areas through a single incision in the buttock crease which makes it pretty hidden.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

+1

Usually in our practice when we are doing Lipo inthose areas our incisions are by your pubic area crease on each side for the thighs. For your abdomen we do it by your belly button, each practice is different. You should ask your surgeon where he will be placing your incisions.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

There are NO incisions and sutures in Liposuction anymore!

+1

Liposuction is done with only tiny canulas and only needle sticks for opening now days. Gone are the big 4-6mm canulas, big holes, sutures and general anesthesia of yrs ago. With the small instruments you get smoother results and are able to stand up during the procedure to see if the areas are smooth and symmetrical. There is no comparision in the results today and the procedure is so easy and the recovery is so quick. It tends to be a little more expensive than previously due to the extra finesse and time involved but it is so worth it.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon