Will my Legs Gets Smaller? 1 Month Post-liposuction.

I had liposuction performed to my thighs, love handles and knees 1 month ago and I feel like the swelling is a lot better and bruising is almost all gone. I was wondering if my thighs will continue to get smaller or is this pretty much going to be my final result with some minor changes. I do notice a difference pre and post op, its just not as drastic as I thought (plus my surgeon said he took out 2000cc in each leg) so I thought it was a lot. My question is do you continue to get smaller?

+2

You will absolutely see further changes in your results.

Don't forget that liposuction creates a network of 'empty' spaces in the fatty tissue.

These fill with fluid and then scar tissue.

The scar tissue settles over many months while the overlying skin accommodates to the new contour.

You will not see your final results until a year after surgery.

Good luck!

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and final result

+1

Even at one month after liposuction, there is still a ways to go before the swelling has completely subsided.

Improvement after liposuction

+1

One month is still early with respect to a liposuction recovery. You will likely continue to see improvement in the shape and appearance of the treated areas up to 6 months from your procedure. The changes will be more subtle moving forward, but comparing photographs can be helpful.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Swelling

+1
Hello, Yes you continues to see results, it takes 6 to 8 months to be able to see the final results. It varies depending on each person. Since you say you already see results you can expect to get smaller as the swelling subsides.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS