Need Lipo Desperately and Can't Afford it. Do I Have Any Options?

Im a single mom of four and need lipo desperately not enough cash on hand in vancouver wa any suggestions I have state health coverage

+1

Being a single mom with four kids has got to be the hardest job in the world, but there really is no option but to wait until you can afford it. Elective Cosmetic surgery with a well trained surgeon is expensive. Even if you were able to find a doctor that would do it for free, (which would be diificult) you have to remember too that there are other charges like the surgery center and an anesthesiologist....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Financing options for surgery

+1

As the other doctors on this board have stated, liposuction will not be covered by your state health coverage plan.  I would look into getting financed through Care Credit.  As long as you are approved, offices can offer you 12 and sometimes even 18 month interest free payment plans.  You can find out more by visiting their website. Thank you and good luck! 

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction emergency??

+1
Liposuction is not a medically necessary procedure. Its not covered by insurance. Some practices, like mine, offer care credit which allows u to get the procedure u want and u can do a small monthly payment overtime. U should look into that.

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction and cost

+1

Unfortunately, liposuction is an elective procedure and is not covered by insurance.  You shoudl save up money to have this done if you want this performed.

Not everyone can afford plastic surgery

+1

Liposuction is elective plastic surgery and not covered by insurance. This means that it needs to be paid for out of your own pocket and unfortunately not everyone can afford it. It seems that this may not be the appropriate time for you to have an elective cosmetic procedure. Sorry.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Liposuction need without $

+1
Liposuction is a purely elective, cosmetic procedure which patients want but, truthfully, no one needs in the sense of food, shelter or medication. It is not covered by insurance. You should consider adding exercise to your daily routine (and walking is free).

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Alternatives to liposuction

+1

I can not think of a medical necessity for liposuction. Insurance will not cover the procedure for cosmetic reasons. It seems as if you either need to improve your diet and exercise routine, or save some money for an elective procedure in the future. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon