I'm Diabetic and I'm About to Get Liposuction in my Lower Abdominal !! I'm Type 2 So is It Safe Enough for Me ?

Diabetes and liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a very safe operation. But -- 

• diabetes increases your risk of infection. 
  • Type 2 diabetics tend to be overweight
  • and the overweight tend to have high blood pressure and other problems.

So - 

• Be sure your blood pressure is normal before surgery
  • Have a weight loss plan if you are overweight
  • Call your surgeon if signs of infection appear after surgeryu, e.g. increasing pain, redness, drainage, fever.

Diabetics can have liposuction too!

+1
As long as you are medically cleared and your diabetes is well controlled liposuction can be done safely. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Liposuction is just fine for stable, controlled diabetics.

+1

There is no problem getting liposuctin in a stable, controlled diabetic. Advise your doc about your meds, health history, etc... and enjoy the new you. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Diabetic

+1
Hello, Yes it is perfectly safe for you to have surgery as long as your surgeon knows your health history. Make sure it is done in a safe environment

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS