I'm Diabetic and I'm About to Get Liposuction in my Lower Abdominal !! I'm Type 2 So is It Safe Enough for Me ?

Diabetes and liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a very safe operation. But -- 

• diabetes increases your risk of infection. 
  • Type 2 diabetics tend to be overweight
  • and the overweight tend to have high blood pressure and other problems.

So - 

• Be sure your blood pressure is normal before surgery
  • Have a weight loss plan if you are overweight
  • Call your surgeon if signs of infection appear after surgeryu, e.g. increasing pain, redness, drainage, fever.

Diabetics can have liposuction too!

+1
As long as you are medically cleared and your diabetes is well controlled liposuction can be done safely. Best of luck!

Web reference: Http://www.drkhuthaila.com

Liposuction is just fine for stable, controlled diabetics.

+1

There is no problem getting liposuctin in a stable, controlled diabetic. Advise your doc about your meds, health history, etc... and enjoy the new you. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Diabetic

+1
Hello, Yes it is perfectly safe for you to have surgery as long as your surgeon knows your health history. Make sure it is done in a safe environment